Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By abstrusecarp Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:02 am
I had this glitch or bug or whatever it is before and believed I had solved it however this is not the case.

I'm still losing countless projects and hours of hard work to a completely random event that causes a whole program to not load and change it's name to *NewProg*

If anyone can shine some light on what's going on here that would be amazing, the drive to work on this machine is lacking as my hard work is being shit on by something going on that I'm unaware of.

I first thought it was the naming of my files as a friend says there's some funkiness on his mpc1000 where file names that start with the same name ie : "kick 1, kick2" causes him some issues where they all the sound the same.

I've renamed all my samples something orignial and avoided anything like that but it's just happened again after putting in a lot of work into something.

So please if someone has anymore information for me that would be amazing as this is super frustrating as you can imagine.

8)
By abstrusecarp Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:07 am
Menco wrote:Have you:

1. Formatted the CF card inside the MPC?
2. Checked if the OS is up to date?

1. Yes the card was formatted when I first got it, I've ordered another card and will use that to see if that's the issue.

2. Sadly I have to use 1.13 not 1.31 as the latest OS causes the audio to glitch out for me which makes it completely unusable for me so I have to use 1.13.

Hopefully it's just the card being weird but we shall find out.
By Menco Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 pm
Hope a new CF card will do the trick. Do you have the ram expansions installed? Maybe a double check if it’s still properly in place is also something to consider.