Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By trezi Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:00 pm
Hi there!

Just loaded a prj file from my MPC500 into MPC Beats and... it reads everything!!! It just load up the project as you left it inside your beloved mini mpc!! samples, programs, sequences.. anything!!

My first thoughts:

- no more need to record every track to export it for mixing, just click export->as audio mixdown it just creates a wav for every track of the seq :smoker:
- refine chops, no need to get crazy in the 500, just chop it rough and refine it later in the box

Now, ideas how to leverage this new (FREE) tool? Very interested in how you will use this!!
By Menco Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:52 am
It also works the other way around. Chop a sample and make a program in the software, than export it as an MPC1000/2500 file to your 500.
By inflict3 Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:45 am
Also check out mpc500 and koala sampler. They are a dream together, you can even control koala with the mpc500 through midi and resample back into the 500
By trezi Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:54 am
inflict3 wrote:Also check out mpc500 and koala sampler. They are a dream together, you can even control koala with the mpc500 through midi and resample back into the 500

This sounds interesting, can you tell us more?!? How do you interface the mpc with the phone?
By inflict3 Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am
trezi wrote:
inflict3 wrote:Also check out mpc500 and koala sampler. They are a dream together, you can even control koala with the mpc500 through midi and resample back into the 500

This sounds interesting, can you tell us more?!? How do you interface the mpc with the phone?

I use a little m audio usb to midi cable that hooks to a usb to usb mini cable that plugs into my phone.

https://m-audio.com/products/view/uno
By alexbuga Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Even better - I have the CME WidiBuds Bluetooth MIDI jacks. I connect them to my MPCs and I send&receive midi from my iOS devices or my Mac. It's a dream come true man.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 pm
Menco wrote:It also works the other way around. Chop a sample and make a program in the software, than export it as an MPC1000/2500 file to your 500.

Just remember that the 1000/2500 export does not dither wav files to 16 bit, so make sure you are either already working with 16 bit files in the MPC or convert them in a suitable app before loading in your MPC500.
By ConanB Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:32 am
Just wondering can anyone connect their phone directly to mpc 500 via USB?
By LuckyMonkey Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:10 pm
Hello guys, I tried what was done here and it worked for me.
Tho, my mix became really disgusting, and all program got quite up-side-down.

I am new to MPC beats, and will learn the software in the coming weeks, I was just wondering if there is an import settings I didn't get right. Thanks in advance.
:)