Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By ConanB Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:58 pm
Bought the beat making manual too and I'm working my way through it. This is such a great machine and I love how everything sounds. So happy with it.
Wondering what would be the best way to get my projects and songs into Ableton? I could just play them in through my interface but if anybody's got any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
Happy New Year btw :P :P :P
By NearTao Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:56 pm
Play it out and record it through an audio interface is a solid choice... you can use track mutes to record one or a handful of tracks at a time so that you can then work with different sections/loops in Live. It can feel a bit time consuming when you first do it... but it's not so hard to build up workflows to smooth it out.
By Menco Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:31 am
If you want to multitrack full arrangements into Live you could also import your beats through the free MPC Beats software. You can use it as a plugin in Live, open your MPC 500 project and multitrack record straight into the arranger screen.
By ConanB Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:42 pm
Menco wrote:If you want to multitrack full arrangements into Live you could also import your beats through the free MPC Beats software. You can use it as a plugin in Live, open your MPC 500 project and multitrack record straight into the arranger screen.

Oh really?!?!?? Amazing!!! Will check that out, thanks
By ConanB Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:59 pm
NearTao wrote:I know the full MPC software can export MPC 500/1000/2500 programs, and I believe Beats can as well.

Otherwise if you want something to help make programs on the computer it might be worth checking out MPCMaid

Heard it mentioned a lot so I'll have to look into it too. Thanks
By Bjorn Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:58 am
Menco wrote:If you want to multitrack full arrangements into Live you could also import your beats through the free MPC Beats software. You can use it as a plugin in Live, open your MPC 500 project and multitrack record straight into the arranger screen.

I am trying to do this and I've got MPC Beats plug in running on Ableton live but when I opened it asked me to select a midi map and MPC 500 was not an option on the list. Getting no response from it so far
By Menco Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 pm
You don’t need to midimap anything. Unless you want to use the 500 as a controller. I do it like this:

First make sure are all the files of the beat are in the same folder.

1)Connect MPC to computer via USB
2)Drag folder to desired location
3)Disconnect MPC
4)Open Daw
5)Open MPC Beats as plugin.
6)Load in your beat
7)Route the MPC Beats outputs to Daw’s inputs.
By Bjorn Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:52 pm
Menco wrote:You don’t need to midimap anything. Unless you want to use the 500 as a controller. I do it like this:

First make sure are all the files of the beat are in the same folder.

1)Connect MPC to computer via USB
2)Drag folder to desired location
3)Disconnect MPC
4)Open Daw
5)Open MPC Beats as plugin.
6)Load in your beat
7)Route the MPC Beats outputs to Daw’s inputs.

how do you load in your beat? I cant find a load a beat option in Beats