Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By eyklo26 Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:28 am
Yo..so does anyone know why..when I am trimming a sample I can't just one shot it? It only plays as "note on" and I have to hold down the pad the whole time.
Also, it seems like after I trim it in trim mode, and then return to the sequencer, the sample plays as though the trim length has been slightly extended so I have to go back and forth to trim it. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!
By NearTao Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:24 am
after you trim have you discarded what is left?

check note settings in the program and make sure it is one shot if that is the behavior you want.
By eyklo26 Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:00 pm
It's definitely set to one-shot in the program.
As for discarding, no, I generally like to keep the whole sample.
Since you mentioned it I just tried that but it didn't help.
Thanks for responding.
By Menco Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:23 am
The ‘Note On/ One Shot’ setting is a program only setting. Unfortunately the sample playback is set to Note On by default and can not be changed.

The 500 has some minor glitches, playing back the whole sample instead of the selected portion sometimes is one of them. Discarding is the best option here. As a workaround you can keep multiple copies of a sample if you don’t want to loose the non selected parts. Also worth to check is wether you are sure you adjust TRIM start and end points, and not the LOOP start and end points.
By eyklo26 Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:05 am
Thank you Menco. It's not that it's playing back the entire sample, it's just a little longer than when I was in trim mode. I'm definitely not editing the loop points, just the sample. I just started using the 500 so I was hesitant to ask for help before figuring it out myself, but I'm starting to think, especially after browsing the forums that it's just a buggy piece of gear. Something even worse is happening now where it has stopped loading up new saved patterns when I load the ALL file. (Although you can save/load them individually?). I found multiple reports of this in the 1.31 bug list post. Fun times xD I'm lusting over a 3000 now..
By eyklo26 Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:13 am
Yeah I already checked that. You're welcome to keep trying though! haha
By inflict3 Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:55 am
eyklo26 wrote:Yeah I already checked that. You're welcome to keep trying though! haha

RTFM :lol: :lol: :lol: