Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Bjorn Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:20 pm
Is it standard practice to record a finished beat into a DAW or finish it entirely on the MPC? If recording into a DAW what are the mixing/EQ considerations?
By NearTao Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:42 pm
You can do either... though the DAW will get you a ton more options for mixing and mastering. Nothing wrong working in the box though... and nothing wrong with taking advantage of what works the best for you with either platform.

Personally... I’d say if you’re recording into a DAW then you’ll want as neutral an input as possible... so you can then color it in the future inside the DAW. But that’s just me.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:49 pm
Do as much as you think you need in the mpc then take it to daw.
By Bjorn Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm
Lampdog wrote:Do as much as you think you need in the mpc then take it to daw.

good idea thank you
By Lampdog Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm
For me, I don't use daw/computer to create anything, I create & mix w/ inside hardware. Whatever works for you, do that! Try many diff things that swim through your head, you'll end up finding the sweet spot(s).
By J.D. Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:40 pm
I think the Akai Beats Software, which is the free MPC-Software-Variabt, can open MPC500 (100, 2500…) Songs.
So, when you‘re ready on the 500, just open your Project in the Beats-Software, and work from there.
No need to analog record your Project, you can just export it, or with the full MPC 2.9 Software, ise it as a plug-in in any DAW.

Anyway,
There is no common practice, do it how you think you wanna do it.