Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Cory Robertsen Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:59 pm
I keep making sequences and then using the song mode to put them together into one long string of sequences. After I have everything all set up how i want then i try to use the Convert song2sq function and i Choose an unused sequence, I hit DO IT, and then an error message comes up that says "File not Found!"

this is really frustrating me because sometimes it works. I've done it twice where it works without the error and i don't think i'm doing anything different than from those times.

I have 3 sequences that i've made using different programs. which is cool. I didnt' even know that I could load in multiple programs and make sequences each using a different program. I am copying one sequence to another and it maintains the samples from the first sequence. for example: I will make the basic drum loop sequence with 4 tracks using a program called 808_TAPE.PGM which has all my 808 drum sounds assignmed to pads already. then i will copy that to Sequence02 and switch the program to a smoth bass program with all my bass sounds assigned to pads called SMOOTH.PGM. and once that is done I will copy it to another sequence and add in some samples or something..

I'm just wondering if anybody else has had this issue?
Im wondering what file isn't being found? (I always save everything before trying to convert song2sq)
And i'm wondering if the way that i am copying sequences is effecting how the MPC can string multiple sequences together in song mode?

any insights would be greatly appreciated.