Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By guestman Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:30 pm
Does anyone have a copy of the 1.11 or 1.12 firmware that you could send me?

I just got my first MPC a few weeks ago, and it works fine standalone. Problems arise when I try to run external gear with it. It had 1.31 when I first got it, and it kept sending MIDI reset messages. I downgraded to 1.13 (earliest I could find) and it started to send actual midi notes but the notes would stick and it would sometimes send the wrong notes. It also sends sync now, but the tempo is inconsistent. I'm trying to see if downgrading any further would completely fix these issues.
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:29 pm
I say stick with 1.31 and try to download it cleanly as possible with good connection and do not accept it if it lands at 99%. 100% or die.

Those were the worse of the OS if I recall, which is why 1.13 still gets a pass today. Its decent but 1.31 is the more "stable" OS of the trifling bunch. Also has more features you'll be missing in 1.11 and 1.12.
By guestman Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:08 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I say stick with 1.31 and try to download it cleanly as possible with good connection and do not accept it if it lands at 99%.

I tried upgrading back to 1.31 and the problems only got worse. It crashes any synth I try to sync it with (as master). I already tried contacting Akai and they never responded to my inquiry. The sampler section works fine, but midi is screwed. I tried every OS I could find on the internet and nothing worked. I had it looked at and couldn't find any hardware issues. Any ideas on what the problem may be?