Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By purplehaze Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:19 pm
Hello my world wide MPC friends,

i just bought an mpc 500 to get my beats from my life into a smaller and portable mpc, but it doesn't works at all. The problem is, the overdub and the rec button doesn't do anything at all it would be nice if you could help me out there guys.

Bene :popcorn:
By NearTao Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:25 pm
Might be worth taking the top off and spraying some dioxin on the tact switches (a little bit), press them 30 or 50 times... let it dry, and then see if they come back to life. If not, maybe try checking ribbon cables and things to see if any of those connections are oxidized and need to be cleaned.
By purplehaze Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 pm
nice for the fast answer but i don't think this will work haha or do you really think something is broken :)

i reseted the mpc and it still doesn't work. I think the mpc is in a good condition but i just don't know why but if i press overdub/rec then light just turns off in the moment i get down of the button, but i saw videos where it stays on "red"

sorry for no correct sentences im german :hmmm:
By Ill-Green Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:33 pm
It could be that your memory(internal RAM) is full and not allowing anymore samples to be recorded. Out the box, you get approx. 4 minutes sampling time, and with an external 128MB RAM stick, you get 20 minutes of sampling time.

The compact-flash reader/writer does not expand your sample time but its there to storage samples. So you could have 3 hours of samples on a single CF card, but only 20 minutes of them at a time can be processed by the MPC500.