Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Ole Mano Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:12 pm
Hey Everybody,

I have always used my MPC500 for beatmaking and I´m quite happy with it. Since I have somehow changed my process of creative work I switched to making more voice-based than sample based work. This is why I got a TC Helicon Voice Live Touch 2. I am now wondering whether I can use both at the same time. I still have a lot of samples/beats on the MPC500, could I technically use it as a MIDI-Master to generate the rhythm, at the same time sing/rap over those beats using the TC Helicon Voice Live Touch 2? I would imagine I need another device to bring the two sounds together.. Has anyone here made a similar experience or can give me recommendations?

Any Ideas are appreciated.

Stay tuned, Ole Mano 8)
By mkdos Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:04 am
A common setup is an SP-404 and a 500, this is similar in a lot of ways. Yes, you can do all of the triggering from the 500, including of your vocal samples on the Heli. You're probably going to need a mixer, do some basic research into a mixer that will suit your needs. Will you get more hardware? Do you need sends for effects? If so then you have an idea of what mixer you need. To future proof yourself a bit get an 8 channel mixer, something simple. Do you prefer computer recording or not? Computer recording can be a lot easier but it's really about your workflow and what gets you in a good place for creativity, which is really different for everyone. LMK a few more basic parameters and I can probably be of more help then.