All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:19 pm

Just Released! OB-MPC is our supercharged tribute to one of most revered and celebrated synths of all time, the Oberheim OB-Xa!

Inside we’ve combined the immense sound of the OB-Xa with the MPC’s filters, FX and LFO to craft over 100 thick analog pads, basses, keys, leads and string instruments, perfect for creating your own melodic leads, riffs and chord progressions.

OB-MPC is compatible with any MPC running MPC 2.10 or greater including the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One, Akai Force, MPC Software 2.10+ and the MPC Beats App.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php ... expansion/
By KaoticShock Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:34 am
Thank you so much for making this!!!!!! Just purchased and so far my favorite patches are Morphius, Brass Ensemble, Analog Piano, Young Pad, Xylo Keys, Bronze Strings, Evil Ensemble, and of course, Van Man!!!! I love the sound design with the AIR/Akai FX and the Tags work in the software perfectly!! Excellent work!
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:47 am
KaoticShock wrote:Thank you so much for making this!!!!!! Just purchased and so far my favorite patches are Morphius, Brass Ensemble, Analog Piano, Young Pad, Xylo Keys, Bronze Strings, Evil Ensemble, and of course, Van Man!!!! I love the sound design with the AIR/Akai FX and the Tags work in the software perfectly!! Excellent work!

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback!
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:12 pm
ZappaCat wrote:Does this have a preset for I'll wait by Van Halen ? I think they used one of these models on at least one of the Van Halen albums. Thanks

They actually used the OB-Xa on their album "1984" (it's all over "Jump")...
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:OB-MPC is compatible with any MPC running MPC 2.4 or greater

Hey man - your product page for the Expansion actually states MPC 2.10 (or greater). Not sure which one is correct... :hmmm:
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:46 pm
2.10, it's had a small update since the original news release, there's some 2.10 features in there now (e.g. FX).

Basically any new expansions from me are likely to be at least 2.10+ from now on. They'll still mostly work in 2.4+, but you'll get a 'missing plugin' message on the affected instruments (e.g. ones using FX like granulator etc).
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:2.10, it's had a small update since the original news release, there's some 2.10 features in there now (e.g. FX).

Basically any new expansions from me are likely to be at least 2.10+ from now on. They'll still mostly work in 2.4+, but you'll get a 'missing plugin' message on the affected instruments (e.g. ones using FX like granulator etc).

Cool, cool - yeah I doubt no one would want to be on anything older than 2.10 at this point anyway - all of the new effects are just so awesome. You might want to update your MPC Prophet post as well, because it also states 2.4 or newer still.