Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By shogett Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:16 pm
Hi,

When I turn on my MPC 500, it gets stuck at the startup, whether I try it with batteries or the charger.
I also uninstalled the OS and reinstalled it by pressing "Shift" while starting it.
It still can't get past the startup.

Please help me :cry:

thanks
By inflict3 Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:35 am
Try it with the ram chip out, then reseat it.
By Ill-Green Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:45 am
inflict3 wrote:Try it with the ram chip out, then reseat it.

Yeah, this^^^

Flip it upside down and open the battery compartment and check out the RAM chip is in place. I remember that if the white plastic pinlock is broken (which holds the RAM chip in place) then it'll cause startup problems. If not broken, gently reinstall the chip. If broken, then simply remove the chip. The MPC will function without it but will be limited to 4 minutes of sample time, which is alright because you can have 2GB of samples on a CF card and you can still access them from different songs, just 4 minutes of samples at a time.
By inflict3 Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:06 am
Ill-Green wrote:
inflict3 wrote:Try it with the ram chip out, then reseat it.

Yeah, this^^^

Flip it upside down and open the battery compartment and check out the RAM chip is in place. I remember that if the white plastic pinlock is broken (which holds the RAM chip in place) then it'll cause startup problems. If not broken, gently reinstall the chip. If broken, then simply remove the chip. The MPC will function without it but will be limited to 4 minutes of sample time, which is alright because you can have 2GB of samples on a CF card and you can still access them from different songs, just 4 minutes of samples at a time.

Sheeet, I got a 16gb cf in my 500, I know, it’s more then I need, but it works.