Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By alpha80 Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:54 pm
cpu wrote:Image

So far so good. Runs on batteries, which is super cool...you can turn off the backlit screen to save battery life. 1 set of midi ins/outs. Left/Right Stereo outs. Same familiar akai layout.
Pretty cool!
YO CPU! :!:
Can confirm it being able to load my 24/48K sh!t from my 4k, and round ticks up or down to the nearest 1/96th PPQ ??

If so, I'll put in the pre-order IMMEDIATELY ...

:shock: ...sh!t actually looks NIICE!!!! :D

BTW, can we get a few modes worth of screen shots ?? :)

Maybe some internal specs, standard & expanded ?? ???

Thanks. Peace.

By sensei Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:16 am
Does it have USB?

From the rear photo it looks as though it may have but it is a little washed out.

By krang Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:19 am
yo cpu
where did u get that.

By J.Daniels Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:21 am
It really depends what the software is like on this thing.

i mean, why not get a 1k, which (most likely) has much better software, more pads, more controls, more inputs/outputs, bigger screen, is still portable and is around the same price?

advantages of this 500 seem to just be portablity and better looking(imo).

Unless theres some killer software on this unit, i dont think it justifies its price tag...

By Yoshimi Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:23 am
sensei wrote:Does it have USB?

From the rear photo it looks as though it may have but it is a little washed out.

It looks like it...that would suck if it didn't. I want to know if it has a CF card slot... or if you can stack 4 samples per pad...and how many midi tracks it does... and what the screen looks like when in use and different modes. CPU...you're killing me...but I do thank you for the preview...I appreciate it.

By Yoshimi Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:24 am
J.Daniels wrote:It really depends what the software is like on this thing.

i mean, why not get a 1k, which (most likely) has much better software, more pads, more controls, more inputs/outputs, bigger screen, is still portable and is around the same price?

Unless theres some killer software on this unit, i dont think it justifies its price tag...

I already have a 1000...don't want another... it is heavy, doesn't run on batteries etc. This is a great machine to take with you. I like it so far.

By DSTRUCT Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:27 am
wow, that is dope right there. cpu how did you get one?

By J.Daniels Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:28 am
Yoshimi wrote:
J.Daniels wrote:It really depends what the software is like on this thing.

I already have a 1000...don't want another... it is heavy, doesn't run on batteries etc. This is a great machine to take with you. I like it so far.

but i got the sp-404 for portability purposes anyway. Im now looking for something thats very functional with alot of features. Which the 1k seems to be, especially with the new software thats arrive soon(tommorow?)

By J.Daniels Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:40 am
heh

"12 levels"..

By n3rdi3st Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:49 am
that's a joke. at first i actually thought someone photoshop that. i wouldn't buy it. just my opinion. they should stop coming out of mpc's and fix the os on current machines. i'm sure the 4000 peeps is pissed as hell.

By Yoshimi Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:52 am
J.Daniels wrote:but i got the sp-404 for portability purposes anyway. Im now looking for something thats very functional with alot of features. Which the 1k seems to be, especially with the new software thats arrive soon(tommorow?)

I tried to go that route...but it (SP-404) suffers from a weak sequencer and the inability to stack samples and play samples chromatically...these are key features I am hoping the MPC-500 has...that the 1000 has. JD, if I was in your shoes...I'd go for the MPC1000 no doubt. It is a good machine.

By alpha80 Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 am
:D ^ Yes it does.
n3rdi3st wrote:they should stop coming out of mpc's and fix thi'm sure the 4000 peeps is pissed as hell.
Yes and no. :|

If I can dump 24/48K into this thing via USB, and the battery life is good, I'll forgive Akai for wanting to get their paper up with another low end MPC.

Honestly.

By cooocooo1 Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 am
its cuz there are 12 pads....

some of yall aint too bright....

By Antonym Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:01 am
If I can dump 24/48K into this thing

snoooowball's chance in hell
but it would be awesome.

unfortunately it would totally destroy its compatabilities w/ all other mpcs but the 4000.