Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By LaJProd Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:12 am
Dr. Lecter wrote:Here it is..Pic & actual price!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd buy it, haha!!!!

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:11 pm
Antonym wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:I love how people make decisions on how crazy something is without seeing the product or knowing the specs.

well, you have to admit that the price is steep for something that we logically THINK has to be less feature heavy than the mpc1000 is now at os 2.1.

however, they could blow us out of the water with the software. who knows? i mean, if the unit comes loaded with some incredible os, then ****, i'll eat my words. but for that price, this thing better be able to do things no other mpc has been able to do so far...and in that case, we better be able to expect an os upgrade for the other recent mpcs that implement the same software...

know what i mean? it seems that akai is pushing themselves into a corner ever since we found out that they're using the same parts/processors/sound engines in the 1000/2500, and presumably the 500. that means that very easily each mpc could be running the same os - which pushes the price into question.

it's funny that the software vs hardware debate has now entered the mpcs, literally

Oh, I admit that $749 appears to be high. And agree it better have some features that other MPCs do not. IMHO, those features will be battery powered option, the ability to use it as a USB MPD type device, it will come with computer software, etc. Not exactly stuff that I need it to have. However, I cannot pretend I'm not interested in this machine. I'd like another drum machine...and do not want another 1000.

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:11 pm
Science wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:I love how people make decisions on how crazy something is without seeing the product or knowing the specs.

:roll:

By Hadees Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:49 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

By StonesThrow Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:59 pm
Hadees wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

By Yoshimi Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:29 pm
StonesThrow wrote:
Hadees wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

:shock:

By distortedtekno Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:40 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
StonesThrow wrote:
Hadees wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

:lol:

By EMFinite Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:49 pm
wtf?

By IlikeMypocketsFat Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:16 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
StonesThrow wrote:
Hadees wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

:oops:

By StonesThrow Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:30 pm
Yoshimi wrote:So, I heard the MPC-500 will have a 12bit / 22khz sample engine... :wink:

yeah and 5 megabytes. meaning a whopping 5 seconds of sampling time. :!:

By gunmetal Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:19 am

By alpha80 Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:39 am
IlikeMypocketsFat wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
StonesThrow wrote:
Hadees wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:
Science wrote:

:oops:

HAHA!...the wave continues... :twisted: :P