Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Yoshimi Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:49 am
jahrome wrote:I hate to point out the obvious...but you only bought the 1000 because 1)You didn't have the funds to spend on the 2500 2) or the 2500 wasn't available when you purchased the 1000.

3) didn't WANT to spend the extra funds for larger pads and what, for me, amounts to the same machine... though I will admit...I like the 2500. But then again, I like all MPCs.

By jahrome Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:53 am
The extra funds were so that you can get a real MPC not an imitation. But kudos to Akai for their marketing....

True the MPC 2500 is what the MPC 1000 should have been in the first place....so with that said...I am waiting for an MPC 3500....4500...or 5000

By Upright Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:58 am
Portability says it all Man it would be tight to throw in my CF card from my 2500, roll up to starbucks on a saturday morning,grab one of those big comfy chairs and a caramel frapp, then zone out for a few hours!!1
While everbody else is talking or on there laptop I'm in my own world in the corner making beats.

Whenever I go somewhere and I know there is going to be some wait time I always carry my PSP, but in all honesty I would rather have a hand held mpc than a hand held playstation!!1

I hope the price drops, if it hits 499.99-599.99 I will most definitely pick one up but at 799.99..............I'm not sure. :?

By Yoshimi Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:04 am
jahrome wrote:
True the MPC 2500 is what the MPC 1000 should have been in the first place....so with that said...I am waiting for an MPC 3500....4500...or 5000

Well, maybe more like the 1000 shouldn't have been made if you think that way. Truth is...is that I may grab a 2500 in the future... simply because I like the pads...but so far I haven't been able to part with my 1000.

By grinchmob Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:59 pm
Soundtrack_Galaxy wrote:
LaJProd wrote:
Soundtrack_Galaxy wrote:1st ima get a Fantom x6...

Good choice!!!!

are you trying to be funny or foreal....

cuz i think that fantoms are nice equipment.... :?

I own a fantom...it's the 5hit~!

By ziggyproductions05 Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:52 am
Isnt the MPC 1k portable enough?!??!?! i mean with the exception of not being able to use batteries, you can pretty much tote it anywhere. i checked out the manual for the 5 double 0 and its still a decent machine - missing the 8 outs, digitals, obviously no way for internal hard drive, its def. made to sync up to another mpc. if i was traveling a lot, it'd be nice to load samples on your compact flash card, and lay some sequences down, come home and finish up on your actual MPC, but i dont travel a lot. i guess it depends on how a person works, but with my work, i'd use it if i traveled a good amount. im still interested in it, but for 800 - id get a used 1k, or save up a lil more and get a brand new black 1k. spend another 300-400 to get an internal hardrive and 128 memory - your set. and with the sampling on the 500 - its just diff. than what we've been used to on newer mpcs (viewing wav). im not trying to put the 500 down at all, its a beginner mpc!!!

By ziggyproductions05 Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:55 am
they need to come up with some kind of adapter battery kit for the 1k - plug in your power cord to a battery pack or something.....JUST A SUGGESTION! so dont shoot me down too quick!

By Yoshimi Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:17 pm
ziggyproductions05 wrote:Isnt the MPC 1k portable enough?!??!?! i mean with the exception of not being able to use batteries, you can pretty much tote it anywhere. i checked out the manual for the 5 double 0 and its still a decent machine - missing the 8 outs, digitals, obviously no way for internal hard drive, its def. made to sync up to another mpc. if i was traveling a lot, it'd be nice to load samples on your compact flash card, and lay some sequences down, come home and finish up on your actual MPC, but i dont travel a lot. i guess it depends on how a person works, but with my work, i'd use it if i traveled a good amount. im still interested in it, but for 800 - id get a used 1k, or save up a lil more and get a brand new black 1k. spend another 300-400 to get an internal hardrive and 128 memory - your set. and with the sampling on the 500 - its just diff. than what we've been used to on newer mpcs (viewing wav). im not trying to put the 500 down at all, its a beginner mpc!!!

The 500 is 1/3rd the weight of the MPC-1000. I don't want to cart that thing around with me... it weighs to much for everyday use. I mean, the 1000 is as practical for travel as a desktop computer IMHO.

By Upright Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:24 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
The 500 is 1/3rd the weight of the MPC-1000. I don't want to cart that thing around with me... it weighs to much for everyday use. I mean, the 1000 is as practical for travel as a desktop computer IMHO.

I agree.

1000=studio use.
500=on the fly, I gotta roll!!1

:D

By pt3r Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:08 pm
Why are people so concerned by what gear another person buys? Quite honestly I don't give a rats ass about which mpc someone buys or what the reason is why (s)he does it. Are they gonna use it to drop gems? Good on them and props for doing so. Are they just gearhogs who have cash to burn and who like to collect MPC's good on them. Who am I to judge what someone does with his/her hardearned money? For all I care they blow the money on an inflatable pool, 1000 gallons of jelly and a couple of victoria secret models. (BTW, pm me if you think about throwing a party like that 8) )

I only hope that this mpc-500 has a built-in device that makes people read the damn manual.

By jahrome Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:09 pm
So that is the lie you guys are telling this month...1000s for studio use and the MPC 500 for on the go :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you ladies/gents wanting to get an MPC 500....$650 is the price you should shoot for not the $800 they have advertised. Still a little pricey...but hey...its an MPC.

By LaJProd Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:20 pm
pt3r wrote:For all I care they blow the money on an inflatable pool, 1000 gallons of jelly and a couple of victoria secret models. (BTW, pm me if you think about throwing a party like that 8) )

I would rather blow my money on that right there!!!!

By Yoshimi Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:43 pm
jahrome wrote:So that is the lie you guys are telling this month...1000s for studio use and the MPC 500 for on the go :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you ladies/gents wanting to get an MPC 500....$650 is the price you should shoot for not the $800 they have advertised. Still a little pricey...but hey...its an MPC.

I'm fine with the $675 I paid.