Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By episode Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:51 pm
I read the description, so I either missed it, or it doesn't exist, but will the 500 have some sort of editing capabilities to it? Basic trimming/chopping functions? I'm not sure if a waveform editior could be offered on a 2 x 16 character LCD, but maybe someone else knows otherwise.

By episode Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:00 pm
Yoshimi wrote:Of course it will... even the Boss SP-202 and the Yamaha SU10 have rudimentary edit functions.
Uhhh... I don't know. That's why I asked. The MPC is really the only sampler I've ever **** with.

By Yoshimi Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:13 pm
You have two sets of numbers...one represents the beginning and one represents the end... the make the first number bigger to truncate the beginning of the sample and make the second number smaller to truncate the end of the sample. It isn't hard...but it is more annoying than a visual waveform that is for damn sure. This is verified...the manual is available on Akai's website.

By episode Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:34 pm
OK cool. That should be pretty interesting to learn. Though, if I have any problems I'll just dump them to my computer and chop there.

By Yoshimi Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:36 pm
episode wrote:OK cool. That should be pretty interesting to learn. Though, if I have any problems I'll just dump them to my computer and chop there.

That's how I work with my MPC1000 as well. I never sample into the MPC directly anymore. It takes too damn long.

By strength Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:46 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
episode wrote:OK cool. That should be pretty interesting to learn. Though, if I have any problems I'll just dump them to my computer and chop there.

That's how I work with my MPC1000 as well. I never sample into the MPC directly anymore. It takes too damn long.

with the jj os that sh1t is quick as hell. way quicker then samplin into the computer, choppin, savin to the card , loadin into mpc. thats just me anyway.

By Yoshimi Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:09 pm
strength wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:

with the jj os that sh1t is quick as hell. way quicker then samplin into the computer, choppin, savin to the card , loadin into mpc. thats just me anyway.

I sample about 100-200 songs at a time. For me, chopping all the seperate pieces on the computer is just so much easier. Once all of my samples are chopped, I put them all on a CF Card and then just work with what is on the card. Then I build a new pile of stuff to sample for the next round.

By seatown350 Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Yoshimi wrote:Of course it will... even the Boss SP-202 and the Yamaha SU10 have rudimentary edit functions.

forgot the sp 1200 haha

By Yoshimi Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:31 pm
seatown350 wrote:

forgot the sp 1200 haha

No, I didn't...I just never used one so I can't comment.