Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By Yoshimi Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:46 am
actuel wrote:
yo Yosh/JS...i'm not dissing you. i may have jibbed at your excitement and your gear lusty ways but i'm merely clownin around. i'm not trying to attack you nor throw punches.

Cool...I know I am easy to clown with since I do get caught up in the hype at times.

By kja Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:24 am
i used to have a su10 and loved it..... i hate wave editing..... i always just pick a ridge that looks cool listen to it once and and hit do it!!!! i cant be bothered... but with the su10 it was kind of like pulling samples from vynl. god i really miss my su10.... and i just had a thought, why would someone want a mpc500 when they could get a su10..... those things are so fun and they fit in your pocket. sorry nym ur a real smart dude but i gotta go with jacpot on this man, i like the numbers.
By alskee Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:55 am
damn that was my first sampler...the su10. my bro gave me that shit. it had a pitch level comparable to 16 levels too...damn i miss it too. back then i wasnt midi savvy so i programmed it by hand realtime onto a 4 track. if i only knew i could midi it to a sequencer....oh well ill come up on ebay. i want that shit back

By Lampdog Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:33 am
Yoshimi wrote:What have I done to you form you to attack me? I am just letting someone know the facts. If someone makes their decisions off of my opinions...which I'm sure most do not...then they should realize that I'm just one man expressing an opinion.

actuel wrote:yo Yosh/JS...i'm not dissing you. I may have jibbed at your excitement and your gear lusty ways but i'm merely clownin around. i'm not trying to attack you nor throw punches.

I'm gonna go with what actuel said. I wasn't trying to sound like I was coming at you but what got me going was you said "BAD NEWS" and it's not. So I apologize for my errant behavior dog. I agree with eveything you point out except the bad news part. Its a small unit and obviously it can't and won't give you all the wonderful graphics stuff, so the line based interface was used, it has been successfully used in SO many other machines but, now, it's bad news??? I don't agree with that.

By Yoshimi Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 am
Lampdog wrote:
I'm gonna go with what actuel said. I wasn't trying to sound like I was coming at you but what got me going was you said "BAD NEWS" and it's not. So I apologize for my errant behavior dog. I agree with eveything you point out except the bad news part. Its a small unit and obviously it can't and won't give you all the wonderful graphics stuff, so the line based interface was used, it has been successfully used in SO many other machines but, now, it's bad news??? I don't agree with that.

Fair enough...truce.

By Antonym Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:47 pm
jacpot if it was possible to do this over the internet, i would chop a drumbreak without even listening to it once in recycle (no transient detection).

you could chop it with your ears and mine would be more accurate. trying to sound smart? nah dude sounds like you're trying to sound dumb.

there is no argument about this. how can there be? it's simple science dude. human eyes > human ears.

By Mind Reader Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:05 am
Antonym wrote:jacpot if it was possible to do this over the internet, i would chop a drumbreak without even listening to it once in recycle (no transient detection).

you could chop it with your ears and mine would be more accurate. trying to sound smart? nah dude sounds like you're trying to sound dumb.

there is no argument about this. how can there be? it's simple science dude. human eyes > human ears.

:lol: I ain't trying to argue with anybody, but, there's people that still can't chop shit with anything. I think for some of us we can adapt to whatever the 500 has. It would be nice if it had waveforms. Hopefully they might add it as an update.

By Antonym Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:40 pm
Mind Reader wrote::lol: I ain't trying to argue with anybody, but, there's people that still can't chop **** with anything. I think for some of us we can adapt to whatever the 500 has. It would be nice if it had waveforms. Hopefully they might add it as an update.

see, that's fine. and of course people can adapt, and of course good music can be blah blah blah not the machien it's the blah blah blah

we all know that, definitely. however, if i were to take 2 of the same snare file, trim 1 sample of tail off of the end point of the 2nd, post em both online and ask which one is which...you all know the rest.
By PLUS Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:14 pm
I read the specs on it. I mean for a sequencer it's not bad. And to have the batteries is hot too. To sample on the way somewhere for those that don't have a car is pretty much the best feature.

I got hooked on graphic editing. I'm sorry. But, I did. Not that I have never tried it. I had that on my ASR-X. And, I didnt like it. Me personally. I think they should have went with 9 pads and went with the bigger screen.

Finally, I would get the MPC 1000 for the extra 200 bucks. Its well worth it. You can put the internal HD and you got the bigger screen and graphic editing. I think that alone is worth 200 bucks extra.

My personal & Proffesional Opinion
PLUS