Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Upright Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:22 am
I guess the following types of data will transfer from most other mpc's: Sequence,WAV(samples),and program data.
What I don't understand is if the 500 uses programs that are based on a 12 pad structure with 4 banks(48pads) and other mpc's are based on a 16 pad structure with 4 banks(64pads) how can I transfer a program from my studio based mpc to the 500 without losing 4 samples per bank? :?

I looked though the manual of the 500 and I didn't see anything on this.I thought I would post this to see if maybe someone had some idea on how this will transfering stuff will work out..........anyone :?:
By Yoshimi Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:52 pm
Upright wrote:I guess the following types of data will transfer from most other mpc's: Sequence,WAV(samples),and program data.
What I don't understand is if the 500 uses programs that are based on a 12 pad structure with 4 banks(48pads) and other mpc's are based on a 16 pad structure with 4 banks(64pads) how can I transfer a program from my studio based mpc to the 500 without losing 4 samples per bank? :?

I looked though the manual of the 500 and I didn't see anything on this.I thought I would post this to see if maybe someone had some idea on how this will transfering stuff will work out..........anyone :?:

I think if you use all 48 pads on your 500...it will only fill up the first 48 pads of your traditional MPC. Vise versa will work too as long as you do not use more than 48 pads on your regular MPC.

By Upright Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:36 pm
That makes sense........I can't wait to get my hands on one!!1