Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Upright Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:21 am
Just a little something I noticed..... I loaded up a program with samples from my 2500 to the 500 everything loaded ok except two tracks wouldn't play. I had set the pads on those tracks to a pair of the 8 outputs in the 2500's mixer. So just a warning a head of time.......if you load up a program and certain sounds are not playing this could be the reason why. :wink:

The mpc 500 works best for the starting of a project or a project that you are mid-way through and haven't adjusted mixer settings (mainly the individual outputs).Everybody already knows this device is not meant to finalize your projects only start and shape them..........IMO :D :D
Last edited by Upright on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:03 am
You just changed my mind...it is most likely the last thing I really need...

By Upright Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 am
jahrome wrote:You just changed my mind...it is most likely the last thing I really need...

It's still nice for travel.....
It really is an awesome mpc.........I can't keep my hands off it.
I'm still going through the manual page by page but so far I really can't believe how user friendly the 500 is(most Mpc's are anyway) but............

Here's a suggestion........pick it up at your local GC, if your not happy they give you 15 days to take it back.
once you use it I think you'll be hooked. :D

I'm not trying to be the poster boy for the 500, but I really enjoy having it!1

By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:37 pm
i cant wait to get it, i dont really mess with the individual outs anyway, i record each track out solo, the long and tedious way, or just record the whole beat out as one track, not a big deal at all . i like ma shyt soundin grungy and amatuer

By Upright Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:36 pm
strength wrote:i cant wait to get it, i dont really mess with the individual outs anyway, i record each track out solo, the long and tedious way, or just record the whole beat out as one track, not a big deal at all . i like ma shyt soundin grungy and amatuer

LOL.......Yeah it's not really a big deal. It's just something that I noticed. :D

By medullabuzz Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:15 pm
But, wouldn't this individual output information be stored in the .ALL file?? Or, maybe the Project file...
I wonder if saving your sequences as MIDI files instead of .ALL files or not importing the Project file to the CF card would fix this??
I'll have to give it a try - Nice find !!!!

By Upright Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:20 pm
medullabuzz wrote:But, wouldn't this individual output information be stored in the .ALL file?? Or, maybe the Project file...
I wonder if saving your sequences as MIDI files instead of .ALL files or not importing the Project file to the CF card would fix this??

That's a good question. I loaded the entire folder, so you may be right about this. We'll see. :)
By Upright Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:47 am
loul wrote:If you have a program on a 2500 that uses all 16 pads in a bank and you load it on the 500, what happens to the 4 sounds that were on 2500 pads that the 500 is missing?

The first 48 sounds will load to the 500 from the 2500. So pad 16 is still the 16th sound which is located on the 4th pad in pad bank B. Basically you will not be able to play any of the sounds from the 2500 that are in pad bank D everything else will load to the 500.

By medullabuzz Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:24 pm
Upright wrote:
medullabuzz wrote:But, wouldn't this individual output information be stored in the .ALL file?? Or, maybe the Project file...

That's a good question. I loaded the entire folder, so you may be right about this. We'll see. :)

Got it!!!

It's definately in the .ALL file - makes sense because you can have the same Program routed differently from sequence to sequence.

Soooo, I guess before one hits the road/plane/shopping line, you'd want to export your sequences as seperate .MID files, no?

By Upright Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:01 am
medullabuzz wrote:Got it!!!

It's definately in the .ALL file - makes sense because you can have the same Program routed differently from sequence to sequence.

Soooo, I guess before one hits the road/plane/shopping line, you'd want to export your sequences as seperate .MID files, no?

Now what is the difference between the .MID file and the SEQ file? I see that I can save as .MID or SEQ file but I cannot load with these options. How do you export sequences as .MID files?

Thanks Med.