Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By Memphlow Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:37 am
Yoshimi wrote:
gunmetal wrote:Why is he a dummy?

cuz

"i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing"

thats why

Well, I know...but if he is a road warrior...it makes sense... also, we don't know what other equipment he has.[/quote]

Price of a new MPC 1000 Black- $999
Price of 128MB RAM - $99
Price of 80 GB Harddrive- $99

Selling your fully maxxed out MPC 1000 + $100 for a $700 inferior peace of equipment because it's portable ......................Pricelesssss :D :shock: :D
By Yoshimi Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:39 am
Memphlow wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:

cuz

"i sold a black mpc1000 with 80gb harddrive and maxxed ram..and still paid an extra $100 to get this thing"

thats why

Well, I know...but if he is a road warrior...it makes sense... also, we don't know what other equipment he has.

Price of 128MB RAM - $99

Selling your fully maxxed out MPC 1000 + $100 for a $700 inferior peace of equipment because it's portable ......................Pricelesssss :D :shock: :D[/quote]

Laptops that have less specs and less weight / size sell for more than bigger laptops all of the time.
By Memphlow Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:04 am
Yoshimi wrote:
Memphlow wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:

cuz

thats why

Well, I know...but if he is a road warrior...it makes sense... also, we don't know what other equipment he has.

Price of 128MB RAM - $99

Selling your fully maxxed out MPC 1000 + $100 for a $700 inferior peace of equipment because it's portable ......................Pricelesssss :D :shock: :D

Laptops that have less specs and less weight / size sell for more than bigger laptops all of the time.[/quote]
You are correct .......................I am selling one of my laptops to get a faster sleeker machine, but I promise you I will not take a step back in technology and convience just be cause there is a new skinny laptop on the block. You are comparing apples to oranges as the majority of all laptops are portable regardless of size. What you are failing to realize is that he is sacrificing features for portability not to mention $$$$. Buy a $40 tape recorder, record your ideas, and drop when you get to the crib. You will have more cash in your pocket and a better setup in your studio.
But at the end of the day it is your money..............and this is just my opinion. I like the MPC500, I just don't think it is worth the price!
By Upright Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:09 am
Memphlow wrote:You are correct .......................I am selling one of my laptops to get a faster sleeker machine, but I promise you I will not take a step back in technology and convience just be cause there is a new skinny laptop on the block. You are comparing apples to oranges as the majority of all laptops are portable regardless of size. What you are failing to realize is that he is sacrificing features for portability not to mention $$$$. Buy a $40 tape recorder, record your ideas, and drop when you get to the crib. You will have more cash in your pocket and a better setup in your studio.
But at the end of the day it is your money..............and this is just my opinion. I like the MPC500, I just don't think it is worth the price!

It's worth the price!!!1
IMO

By seatown350 Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:21 am
lol worth the price , who ever is buying these things are wasteing thier money haha , damn i rather go with a mpc 2000 classic ! even if its used its still better

By Upright Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:30 am
seatown350 wrote:lol worth the price , who ever is buying these things are wasteing thier money haha , damn i rather go with a mpc 2000 classic ! even if its used its still better

I like the convenience of being able to take my mpc anywhere, even somewhere that there isn't a AC outlet. Maybe this isn't something that your interested in.......but don't call it a waste of money that's just ignorant.
Last edited by Upright on Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Yoshimi Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:40 am
seatown350 wrote:lol worth the price , who ever is buying these things are wasteing thier money haha , damn i rather go with a mpc 2000 classic ! even if its used its still better

The MPC2000 is my least favorite MPC... it is too legacy without any of the good old school MPC charecteristics ie lower sampling rates. I'd take the 500.

By jahrome Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:11 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
The MPC2000 is my least favorite MPC... it is too legacy without any of the good old school MPC charecteristics ie lower sampling rates. I'd take the 500.

'old school MPC charecteristics ie lower sampling rates'??? Besides the MPC 60/II and 4000, the other MPCs have the same specs as far as bit/sample rates.

By Yoshimi Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:41 pm
jahrome wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:

'old school MPC charecteristics ie lower sampling rates'??? Besides the MPC 60/II and 4000, the other MPCs have the same specs as far as bit/sample rates.

Yeah, there are only three old school MPCs IMHO. The MPC60 and 60 II...and the MPC-3000. The 60 has the lower sampling rate, the 3000 still has a different sampling engine than the 2000...and sounds better. The 2000 is plain vanilla...and doesn't have many positive attributes compared to any other MPC.

By jahrome Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:17 pm
Yoshimi wrote:
Yeah, there are only three old school MPCs IMHO. The MPC60 and 60 II...and the MPC-3000. The 60 has the lower sampling rate, the 3000 still has a different sampling engine than the 2000...and sounds better. The 2000 is plain vanilla...and doesn't have many positive attributes compared to any other MPC.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

And the sample engine of the MPC 2000/2000XL has not detered famous producers from using them.

So if the 2000 is plain vanilla...what is the MPC 2500? I have the MPC 2500 and 3000 sitting side by side..connected to the same mixer. I can not say one sounds better than the other....

By EMFinite Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:28 pm
$800 for less features and the ability to use batteries is crazy..

that machine should at least be half the price of the 1000.. and no more..

By Yoshimi Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:33 pm
jahrome wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:

Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.....

And the sample engine of the MPC 2000/2000XL has not detered famous producers from using them.

So if the 2000 is plain vanilla...what is the MPC 2500? I have the MPC 2500 and 3000 sitting side by side..connected to the same mixer. I can not say one sounds better than the other....

I'm not saying the 2000 sucks, but the fact that it has a sample engine that doesn't color sound in conjunction with an OS that isn't as good as the newer MPCs...just makes it my least favorite. The 1000 /2500 don't color the sound either ...but the OSes and the lack of legacy drives make those two great. To me, the 3000 colors the sound in a good way. Maybe it is the older AD/DA converters.

By macman Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:37 pm
The MPC500 was made for peeps who can't afford the price of the 1000 and for those whom maybe need battery life.

It wasn't designed to be compared to a 1000!!!

I don't understand why people **** on here so much even if there not gonna use the machine.

If the machine don't interest you then don't comment about it.

By jahrome Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:30 pm
I'm not saying the 2000 sucks, but the fact that it has a sample engine that doesn't color sound in conjunction with an OS that isn't as good as the newer MPCs...just makes it my least favorite. The 1000 /2500 don't color the sound either ...but the OSes and the lack of legacy drives make those two great. To me, the 3000 colors the sound in a good way. Maybe it is the older AD/DA converters.

The MPC 3000s OS is not as good as the MPC 2000...so what's your point?As far as coloring sound?? The point that I am trying to make is that MPC 3000s sound that you hear everyone talking in the forums about...isn't really much too different than whats coming out of an MPC 2500. This is a side to side compare/contrast using the same mixer/monitors. I haven't heard one person say that one sounds better than the other with any consistency.

And the next MPC..the need to bring back SCSI (or something better), which every modern sampler had until now.

By EMFinite Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:11 pm
macman wrote:The MPC500 was made for peeps who can't afford the price of the 1000 and for those whom maybe need battery life.

If the machine don't interest you then don't comment about it.

this doesnt make any sense.. a person CAN buy a 1000 for LESS!!

why cant we comment on the price? im sure many people would buy it if the price wasnt so high..