Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:28 am
i went my local guitar center to check this joint out and overall its pretty dope but u have to hit the pads really hard to trigger them and i mean HARD. and nobody has mentioned it on here so maybe there was something wrong with the one they had on display. anybody that owns one, holla back , cause im most likely gonna cop one to have as sort of a sketchpad but if the pads are as wack as the ones i was messing with i dont know.... :?:

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:30 am
Was full level on?

By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:34 am
jahrome wrote:Was full level on?

i tried both , when it was NOT on i was messin with the note repeat , doin drum rolls and the sensitvity was something like my old 2000 after like 10 years and multiple owners , and on full level u have to really hit it hard, hard enough that if i owned it id be nervous about how long the pads are gonna last before they braek

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:36 am
That's weird..because you shouldn't have to bang on it hard for full level. Maybe it was a defective unit. There are a couple people here that have purchased/ordered one. Maybe they will drop their two cents...

By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:39 am
also i noticed that there seemed to be space between the pad and the senser or whatever under it , the pads actually press in a little before the touch the sensers.
p.s. im not one of these dudes hating , i was mad exited when i saw this joint despite the crazy price

By lovesign Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 pm
Pads seem fine to me. Maybe someone has messed with velocity depth or levels ?

By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:34 pm
lovesign wrote:Pads seem fine to me. Maybe someone has messed with velocity depth or levels ?

i dought it, i messed with the velocity curve and all that stuff on my 1000 but never heard much of a difference in response, do u own the 500?

By lovesign Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:51 pm
strength wrote:
lovesign wrote:Pads seem fine to me. Maybe someone has messed with velocity depth or levels ?

i dought it, i messed with the velocity curve and all that stuff on my 1000 but never heard much of a difference in response, do u own the 500?

Yes I do :)

By Antonym Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:23 pm
also i noticed that there seemed to be space between the pad and the senser or whatever under it , the pads actually press in a little before the touch the sensers.

then they are built the same way as the 1000. can someone open their 500 up and confirm this?

By jahrome Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:10 pm
No...they are not built the same way as the 1000. I told you that already.

By strength Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:44 pm
na they actually felt more like the 2000 i used to have. my 1000's pads are"strung tighter" against whatever is underneath

By AMG Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:43 pm
jahrome wrote:No...they are not built the same way as the 1000. I told you that already.
so how are they built? do they take after any other MPC?

By Antonym Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:39 pm
i know you told me that jahrome but you say a lot of things, i'd like to hear it from someone else

By J.Daniels Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:47 pm
Isnt the pad a sheet instead of individual separate pads like the 1k?