By earwolf Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:15 pm
shocks wrote:ah i figured it out.
it wont accept 32 bit samples.
what about 24 bit?

try it and post your findings

By !on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm
hello, new owner / poster (n00b),

already i experienced some of the things mentioned, possibly more later,

we shall see as i've updated to the latest 1.13, (my unit must have sat in the shop all year then :roll: ) but yeah, at their site they do mention only 16bit wavs http://www.akaipro.com/prodMPC500.php so perhaps it's a bit fussy with 24bit or more. having just downloaded much random wavs i now have to look at each ones properties & weed out the offenders, even some renaming :?

i'll see how it goes. yeah i forgot to format the card as well, doh!

suggestions:

check your files, i found not only 24bit (the ones i liked, aarrgghh) but the odd stray mp3 as well!

do this before renaming, it makes them easier to find if all the 24bit ones are named "glitchfunkytechbeats01...02"...etc (ie: from the same download source).

has anyone had problems with sounds bought into the unit by audio (line or mic)? i will try this soon, be nice if we could eliminate that! cheers
By sirmikeywest Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:28 am
Check out my new topic. Damn error messages..........

By reSet Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm
O.S Version : 1.11
New/used: Used
Owned since : October 2007 bought it one year old
Memory amount : 16MB
Memory type : No clue
CF card(s) : Transcend 2gb
Crashed after step edit ("System Error") : Nope (i don't use that)
Crashed when saving to new folder : Nope
Corrupted CF card after saving : Nope
Metronome when auditioning samples : Nope
Strange flanging sound : Nope
"CPU Addr (read)" crash when loading project : Nope
Corrupted samples after overwriting them: YES!

I just updated the OS to 1.13 let's see what changes will occure! if it's bad i guess i will just go back to 1.11 :)

i must say i'm pretty happy about it so far, could it be because i use it mostley for midi?

By reSet Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:24 pm
Jamon wrote:Found a new bug. I exported some wavs from discoDSP HighLife, and made a program using BlueBox. When I try and load a sample, it previews fine, but it doesn't load: Unknown File Format !!

Trying to load them from the program fails too, but get this, if I load the folder, all the samples load fine as well as the program!

maybe this is said already, but i have that bug sometimes, i can listen to the sample but it says "unkown file format !!"
but it actualy loads them anyway :) and they work fine even when being reloaded along with a program....

By reSet Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:34 pm
after update this is my techspec:

O.S Version : 1.13
New/used: Used
Owned since : October 2007 bought it one year old
Memory amount : 16MB
Memory type : No clue
CF card(s) : Transcend 2gb
Crashed after step edit ("System Error") : Nope (i don't use that)
Crashed when saving to new folder : Nope
Corrupted CF card after saving : Nope
Metronome when auditioning samples : YES
Strange flanging sound : Nope
"CPU Addr (read)" crash when loading project : Nope
Corrupted samples after overwriting them: YES!
Pitches down sample by -3.00 tones once loaded into a pad (not all thou????!!!!

I was thinking that the letronome issue might be a phisicall issue where the contact of the rec button might be made sometimes when hitting the play button too hard.

The flanging sound could be the battery powering thing... i still havnt tried that feature....

And i know from Nintendo DS homebrewer that all memory cards are realy difficult to handle properly... this could explain why files or entire cards get corrupted sometimes after rewriting...

Still... all these bugs for that price is a little too much... lucky i bought it for realy cheap :)
By bedouin Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:06 pm
Model: MPC500
O.S Version: 1.13
New/used: New
Batteries/Adapter: AC. I have never powered it with batteries since owning it.

Owned since: June 2008
Memory amount: 16MB (128MB module on the way)
Memory type: N/A
CF card(s): Lexar 4gb Platinum II 80x
Crashed after step edit ("System Error"): No
Crashed when saving to new folder: No
Corrupted CF card after saving: No
Metronome when auditioning samples: No
Strange flanging sound: Possibly. I thought I may have accidently hit a sample pad twice while sequencing, but now I'm not so sure.
"CPU Addr (read)" crash when loading project: Yes. This is my primary problem right now. I always dump my memory to new projects, and it seems half the time I end up with a corrupted sequence file that crashes the OS.
PowerMac running 10.5.3

My crashes mostly occur when loading the ALL SEQ and SNG files that were written when dumping the memory to a project. I can load the program files and individual samples without a problem, *AFTER* I delete the naughty sequence file from the project folder on my Mac.

From now on I'm going to make a new project folder and dump all memory to that instead of overwriting existing folders and files. Hopefully that solves the problem.

After years of working with Reason and Recycle I'm moving to hardware, and very much enjoying the MPC when it actually works right.