Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500

By enapa Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:42 am
Why the **** dont they hire the JJos-guy... would make their hardware so much better... instead of this piece of junk-programming they made in the mpc500....

Gonna try and claim my money back..

ByErgg Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:04 pm
Like I've posted before, we deserve a working product.

Either Akai delivers or we should get our money back.

I've sent mine in for repairs, I believe there is a law here that say's if your device is 'repaired' three times without solving the problem the manifacturer should give your money back.

Snerg

By earwolf Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:56 pm
enapa wrote:Why the **** dont they hire the JJos-guy

they been there, done that

By earwolf Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:57 pm
snerg wrote:Like I've posted before, we deserve a working product.

Either Akai delivers or we should get our money back.

I've sent mine in for repairs, I believe there is a law here that say's if your device is 'repaired' three times without solving the problem the manifacturer should give your money back.

Snerg

do you read Sound on Sound? the current issue has an MPC500 ad which, in the light of this thread, is hilarious, and tragic

ByErgg Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:06 pm
I've seen the ad, it sucks... it's unstable as hell... not what they are selling in the ads.

That's why we should get our money back!

Or a working product (which would be even better!).

We should send emails to Akai about how misleading their ads are!

Snerg

By T-Style Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:28 am
Finally Akai responded

"I am sorry you are running into these problems. These are definitely not problems known to all MPC 500’s. If these are consistent problems, you should send it in for a repair. The only thing I wanted to check on of the problems you listed is did you format the CF card before you started using it? Let me know how often you’re experiencing these problems, and we can get you taken care of."

I didn't formatted my CF before using it. So he could be right. Im gonna transfer all my stuff to my comp and then reformat the CF. Hopes it works.
@Snerg: Did you formatted your CF?

ByErgg Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 am
Yes I did, Akai sent asked me the same question...

It didn't work, now I'm waiting for them to repair my MPC500.

I also heard that our problems are not typical for all MPC500 units, so they don't think it's a O.S. issue but a hardware one.

Maybe our MPC's come from a bad batch?

Snerg

By Dj Duz Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:35 pm
earwolf wrote:
enapa wrote:Do someone know if JJ.os ever will come to mpc500

yes, someone knows. That someone is JJ and he stated that only the 1000 and 2500 will receive JJ OS.

i was under the impression that jj was a group of people :?:

By earwolf Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:25 pm
its one guy, ex-akai

By DizfromFrance Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:49 pm
Yoyo

I have an mpc2000 since the year 2000 (still have it) and an mpc500.

Does anyone have the "inv.gen.inst. pc (883f5a50)" problem ?

I had five "system errors" and three "inv. gen..." freezes today...

Thanx for your comments

Peace

ByErgg Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:31 pm
@DizfromFrance

Please post your specs, what o.s. are you using? (see my first post)

Snerg

ByErgg Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm
Update:

I contacted the store about my MPC, they said they sent it to Akai for them to look at it. They promised to send me a new MPC500.

Today I got it, I'll have to spend some time with it to see if it has problems like my previous unit. This unit came with O.S. 2.11 installed, so I'll first try that before I upgrade to 1.13

The store actualy forgot to send back my 128MB RAM module, so I had to contact them again and have them send me a new one.

I'll keep you update if this new MPC500 is as crappy as my old one!

Snerg

By Glyph Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:01 pm
Hey Snerg I hope all goes well. I sold my 500 and copped a MV. I think my 1000 is the next to go. I love the MPC concept and the hardware but sometimes you can not seperate the company from the product and still be considered sane. Boy Akai has to do alot to regain my trust. Not with features but with CUSTOMER support.

By EL SOSPECHAS Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:16 am
ok i havent had the time to test 1.3 beacuse my mpc since i bougth it i cant turn it on, well sometimes in goes on but most of the time when i pusht the power, theres nothing on the panel (little blue box where it say MPC 500) so can somebody tell me whats wrong with it? or somebody had the same problem! well i hope somebody got an answer for this question.

By earwolf Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:18 am
EL SOSPECHAS wrote:ok i havent had the time to test 1.3 beacuse my mpc since i bougth it i cant turn it on, well sometimes in goes on but most of the time when i pusht the power, theres nothing on the panel (little blue box where it say MPC 500) so can somebody tell me whats wrong with it? or somebody had the same problem! well i hope somebody got an answer for this question.

batteries or mains power?