Reviews and questions about the entry-level MPC500
By wheelol Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm
hi there

i start getting crazy with my mpc, it always makes problems

every project i save makes the "Project01.PRJ" unreadable when i load it again. it also makes an error if i want to copy it to my computer. the project works also without this file, i have still "Program01.PGM" and "ALL SQS&SON.ALL". but now it also kills the file "ALL SQS&SON.ALL"; when i want to load it it says on the mpc: "CPU Addr (read) PC(884afa96)"

as an example i made this project, and now cant open it again..
http://www.wheelol.ch/beats/006%20Folder.rar
could anybody download an try if he CAN load??

thx and greets
By Emilie Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:03 pm
wheelol wrote:hi there

i start getting crazy with my mpc, it always makes problems

every project i save makes the "Project01.PRJ" unreadable when i load it again. it also makes an error if i want to copy it to my computer. the project works also without this file, i have still "Program01.PGM" and "ALL SQS&SON.ALL". but now it also kills the file "ALL SQS&SON.ALL"; when i want to load it it says on the mpc: "CPU Addr (read) PC(884afa96)"

as an example i made this project, and now cant open it again..
http://www.wheelol.ch/beats/006%20Folder.rar
could anybody download an try if he CAN load??

thx and greets

You can open most of these files on the MPC-1000. It's good to know that ones work isn't completely destroyed. When you resave on the 1000 the files can suddenly be loaded into the 500 again. WEIRD SHlT!
By wheelol Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:12 am
2 Mandzo: thx and lol no i dont need no protection, its the same than sitting on a bike seat. yh and i alsways stand up for jumping^^

@ eimer: yh that sounds good. if you or anyone else with an mpc1000 would be sooo kind and send me the repaired "ALL SQS&SON.ALL", i will send him a downloadlink of my samplecollection. cause i need this beat!!
By Emilie Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:49 pm
Hey, i will answer your mail here as i have a crappy mail. Yeas i am from denmark, and that unicycle thing is übernuss! Good luck in copenhagen!
By 3rik Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:56 am
this is exactly why i do not save projects...if i work on something i just track it out...and save all the wavs on the pc...ive lost a lot of good shit to this problem : :x
By annieviolette Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:05 am
Hello, I have this message too when I open my MPC. It's impossible to access to my songs (only midi with hardware, no samples).
I haven't got a clue about what it means.
Any idea ?
By master-ceo Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 pm
Mandzo wrote:it's a well know bug. no fix yet. join the club: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=98065

I've checked out your site. nice tricks man! do you use some kind of protection for your balls? :shock:

:shock: WoW! Amazing shit. First time seeing that.

OP, you got some serious skillz.
By Kapro Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:48 pm
eimer wrote:Hey, i will answer your mail here as i have a crappy mail. Yeas i am from denmark, and that unicycle thing is übernuss! Good luck in copenhagen!

<hi there eimer I also got this CPU Addr (read) PC problem, i was wondering,. Iam from denmark also could you try to help me understand why this message is shown on the screen? i can't do anything but turning of the machine?
By Shelly M'Nelly Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:10 am
Am I late to the party?

I managed to solve the issue with a text editor (in my case, Sublime Text).
Just opened the file, saw lots of hex values and removed the last line feed.
Magically, the next time I loaded the sequence in the MPC it worked.

Hope it does work for whoever comes to this 2008 post.
By abstrusecarp Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:57 am
Shelly M'Nelly wrote:Am I late to the party?

I managed to solve the issue with a text editor (in my case, Sublime Text).
Just opened the file, saw lots of hex values and removed the last line feed.
Magically, the next time I loaded the sequence in the MPC it worked.

Hope it does work for whoever comes to this 2008 post.

I CAN CONFIRM THIS WORKS IN 2020 I DELETED THE LAST 2 LINES THAT LOOKED LIKE

"fffff fffff ffff" sorta like that and it worked and my project is saved

+1 to this guy he's the **** GOAT
By drycement Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:37 pm
Hey Greedy, you would have to put the cursed file on a computer, then use a text editor program to open it, edit it, and re-save in the same file format.

On my PC, I use Notepad++ (but there are a ton of text editors that would work). I have to right click the file and select "edit in Notepad++". Hope this helps! Losing work sucks big time.