MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Freddsk1 Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:42 pm
Hi you guys.

So I'm having a problem with muting. I'm trying to mute/cut off mid playing the A6 pad exactly when it crosses the 5th bar. Then I want to be able to play it again almost right after the cross.

First of all I never actually used mute function before, this is like the first time I want to try it out because I usually just set Program Play Mode to mono and there has never been any issue until now. I want to repeat it twice, close upon the crossing. But no matter what I do, it continues to play the rest of the sample after the 5th bar.

I've tried Track Mute, but I don't want to mute the track, only the pad after it cross the 5th bar.

I've tried Track Mute Group to a dud/no sample pad, but with no success, it just continues playing after
    the 5th bar like I didn't even activate it.

I've tried Pad Mute but I need to manually press the A6 for it to work like I want, and that's not helping at
    all if I want to record it, because I need to be in the screen to be able to mute it like I want. And then,
    when I exit the screen, it's back to normal, playing after the crossing of the 5th bar.

I've tried Pad Mute Groups, but I have the same problem as the Track Mute Group, it just continues playing after the 5th bar cross, like it not even working.

I've tried to google search for an hour, no luck. I also read the user manual for the MPC 5000, which got me to try all the above, nothing helps...

Personally I think it's just stupid how it don't work imo, it should be really simple to just cut off the sample mid playing when I want and after the 5th bar, be able to use the pad again. I can't understand why this should be so difficult. This is why I'm reaching out to you guys, I need some help figuring out what I'm suppose to do.

The only solution I can think of, is to go back and chop it up to make it fit, but that's just beyond ridiculous imo. It should be able to be a easier solution.... Right???

Here is a drawing of the grid view, of how I would like it to work if that helps.
https://ibb.co/k0PKFRn