MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By CrazyDreamer Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:38 pm
oh no i just upgraded my mpc5000 with new cd drive that went in no problems i then carefully and gently put in the EXM-E3 128 mb now my mpc only has blue screen and nothing else even if i take it out still nothing have i killed it cant believe it took great care too:( any ideas
dam it looks like i put the ram in upside down instructions not to clear bugger
learn from my mistakes
By Jauly Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:41 am
CrazyDreamer wrote:oh no i just upgraded my mpc5000 with new cd drive that went in no problems i then carefully and gently put in the EXM-E3 128 mb now my mpc only has blue screen and nothing else even if i take it out still nothing have i killed it cant believe it took great care too:( any ideas
dam it looks like i put the ram in upside down instructions not to clear bugger
learn from my mistakes

omg! but I don't think reversed ram could kill it. put it again the right way in.
By CrazyDreamer Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 pm
tried that dude I have nothing still blue screen nothing works on pads can here hard drive ok thats all its now wrapped up and being sent to akai cant believe it buggered up so easy just want ppl to know be very careful :(
By pabloone Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:09 pm
CrazyDreamer wrote:tried that dude I have nothing still blue screen nothing works on pads can here hard drive ok thats all its now wrapped up and being sent to akai cant believe it buggered up so easy just want ppl to know be very careful :(

I have the same problem with my MPC 5000. Heve they repaird your???
By CrazyDreamer Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:01 pm
pabloone wrote:
CrazyDreamer wrote:tried that dude I have nothing still blue screen nothing works on pads can here hard drive ok thats all its now wrapped up and being sent to akai cant believe it buggered up so easy just want ppl to know be very careful :(

hi mate just got my mpc5000 back blew pcb cost 86 pound to fix including delivery working like new again thankgod
By Askia Shaheed Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 am
CrazyDreamer wrote:
pabloone wrote:

hi mate just got my mpc5000 back blew pcb cost 86 pound to fix including delivery working like new again thankgod

86 pounds to fix? Why? It's still under warranty.
By CrazyDreamer Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:53 pm
Thats true mate it was still under warranty but it was void as they did not put in my cd drive and extra ram .Going to keep my hands away from it now,maybe i should have blagged it but I am happy to get it back
By Askia Shaheed Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 am
I want to upgrade my MPC 5000 using Forat's services but it can take up to 3 weeks to get my MPC back. It is going to hard to part with it that long. I want to add wood side panels/front arm rest. But I want the finish to be black. I also one a clear coat to the top side of my MPC to keep a beautiful black shine.