MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By NorthernElite Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:23 pm
ToOxSicK wrote:ARE THESE BLACK PADS ARE SOFTER OR WHAT?.I ALMOST BROKE MY FINGERS ON THESE GRAY ONES.

To me the black pads feel slightly softer, but I don't know about 'breaking your fingers' on the grey ones? The stock grey pads feel pretty damn good to - I just wanted the black pads purely for looks. :)
By ToOxSicK Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:56 am
NorthernElite wrote:
ToOxSicK wrote:ARE THESE BLACK PADS ARE SOFTER OR WHAT?.I ALMOST BROKE MY FINGERS ON THESE GRAY ONES.

To me the black pads feel slightly softer, but I don't know about 'breaking your fingers' on the grey ones? The stock grey pads feel pretty damn good to - I just wanted the black pads purely for looks. :)

Nah i was just fuking around,lol, but they are much tougher than on mpc 4000.I'm gonna get black pads too.
By mister_sosa74 Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:34 pm
Are the plug on the top the LCD display plugs...? I am thinking a tweak for the 5000...

By mister_sosa74 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:15 pm
thinking of a vga out type thing...
By Don Blake Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:38 pm
hey northern any chance you can let me know exactly what hardrive i need to replace the old one with? im looking to buy a hd to replace it but no idea which?
By NorthernElite Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:42 pm
Don Blake wrote:hey northern any chance you can let me know exactly what hardrive i need to replace the old one with? im looking to buy a hd to replace it but no idea which?

As you're in the UK - this 250gb drive may interest you - not a bad price: -

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/Sea ... pNo=282803

For reference here's a pic of the exact model of the Stock 80gb drive that's factory fitted: -

Hope that helps! :wink:
By jocks Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:53 pm
hi there!
I just ordered a Seagate 160GB drive, as a replacement drive for the future.
IDE disks have almost disappeared from the market already...
In one years time, what will available then?
Update: The disk is now installed. The original 80GB disk is very noisy, with a ticking noise as the heads are reading or writing. My Seagate 160GB is virtually noiseless.

/jocks
Last edited by jocks on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dreadnutz Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:56 pm
GREAT WORK!!! NorthernElite

Code: Select allNorthernElite wrote:
ToOxSicK wrote:
ARE THESE BLACK PADS ARE SOFTER OR WHAT?.I ALMOST BROKE MY FINGERS ON THESE GRAY ONES.

Nah i was just fuking around,lol, but they are much tougher than on mpc 4000.I'm gonna get black pads too.

i am very interested in this, too.
Tooxsick is right, everyone who PLAYED the 4k knows the difference.
the pads from 4k are thinner and more elastic, softer.

keep us updated, tooxsick, when you got your pads. THX!

and also thanks to northernelite, very usefull
By jocks Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 pm
Hi, I just wanted to say that when I installed the memory expansion EXM-E3, the response of synth parameters got faster!
before I noticed that tweaking Q-link controls in synth window often had a huge latency. not anymore :)
I also had a few boot errors prior to memory expansion, forcing me to restart the machine. Was the memory related too, I ask myself...
/jocks
By seiko Tue May 26, 2009 1:46 pm
jocks wrote:Hi, I just wanted to say that when I installed the memory expansion EXM-E3, the response of synth parameters got faster!
before I noticed that tweaking Q-link controls in synth window often had a huge latency. not anymore :)
I also had a few boot errors prior to memory expansion, forcing me to restart the machine. Was the memory related too, I ask myself...
/jocks

It seems you have the memory expansion...
can you try the following : load up 100 mB or so of sounds in different programs, then lay down a sequence, and then -in 1 track- use the scroll wheel to go from 1 program quickly to 5 programs further.
When I do this with 30 mb of sounds (640 samples) my screen begins to hang/
I really would like to have the expansion, but if 30mb allready slows down the MPC, then what when I would have 190 mB installed. I'm on OS2. Is the 192 mB useable in OS2 ??