MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By SimonInAustralia Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:00 am
BxJaze wrote:So I guess what I need to do is figure out how to stop the Q-links from sending data.

Yes.

A temporary workaround, until you want/need to actually use the Q-Links, is to set Logic/Pro Tools to ignore the incoming MIDI CC messages.
By SP1200 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:43 pm
Hi There Boels!

I have found your post on the mpc forum regarding the 5k midi pdf document.

Can i somwhere found it online? the link doesnt work and i am just jump onto the 5000 after 5 yeras of not making music, but have been a regular user of the 2xl and 4000 in the past.

And somehow realise that it is a top mpc hw but the architecture of the software and workflow is very bad like it was programed by an enginer and not real musican.

Somehow i think that these can be avoid by using another midi controler that is maped to be able tweaking and changing things i sipmply can right now.

For example all the asigned qlinks are active only when you at that exact track?! But man i want to be in the track mute window and tweaking filter on various tracks - it seems to me that this could be posible on another controler ( i ve got the Akai MPD 32 ) with program change and ither midi comands

thank you very much for any response and apreciate your timeand efort :)

kind regards
Peter
By Braindead Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:44 pm
The link is not avalid yet
For those who don’t know
The arpeggiator send the arpege by midi out
And a tips , i think is a bug first
If you send a midi sequence by the midi in , the arpegiator play your sequence with the arpege
It will be interesting for build your own arpege