MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By scd Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:50 pm
OK, today I have written a sort of manual/information document on the usage of MIDI on the MPC5000. With some easy to understand info about what MIDI actually is, plus a description of all parameters on te MPC5000 connected with MIDI and when and how to use it. All based on the still to appear OS 2.0.

http://www.synthmusic.info/mpdries/MIDI ... 000OS2.pdf

It is definately NOT a complete overview on MIDI. I tried to keep things simple. For extensive deep digging information I'd say use Google. After you have read this document, the MPC5000 should have no MIDI secrets anymore for you.

Regards, Boele
By caseysherrell Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:34 pm
SCD,

That's really cool of you to do that for everyone. I will check it out and hopefully get some use out of it myself? I know there will be many new and old users alike who will get good use out of this!

Good Work!

CASEYSHERRELL
By ray2002 Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:35 pm
scd wrote:OK, today I have written a sort of manual/information document on the usage of MIDI on the MPC5000. With some easy to understand info about what MIDI actually is, plus a description of all parameters on te MPC5000 connected with MIDI and when and how to use it. All based on the still to appear OS 2.0.

http://www.synthmusic.info/mpdries/MIDI ... 000OS2.pdf

It is definately NOT a complete overview on MIDI. I tried to keep things simple. For extensive deep digging information I'd say use Google. After you have read this document, the MPC5000 should have no MIDI secrets anymore for you.

Regards, Boele

Good lookin' out on this!
By 4dahaterz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:13 pm
Great work SCD.... this should be Stickied ASAP.... i never took the time to really get more into program changes and stuff like that... Now i just gotta figure out how to make this change Virtual Instruments, if its possible(stuff like Reason's Instruments, Kore 2, Komplete 5's Instruments, Pro Tools new VI's, etc...)
By scd Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:29 pm
4dahaterz wrote:Great work SCD.... this should be Stickied ASAP.... i never took the time to really get more into program changes and stuff like that... Now i just gotta figure out how to make this change Virtual Instruments, if its possible(stuff like Reason's Instruments, Kore 2, Komplete 5's Instruments, Pro Tools new VI's, etc...)

You can definately do that, as long as these software programs listen to CCs. And most of them do.
Don't hesitate to ask questions if needed. Only problem with MIDI is that you always need at least TWO manuals... :roll:
By 4dahaterz Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:35 pm
scd wrote:You can definately do that, as long as these software programs listen to CCs. And most of them do.
Don't hesitate to ask questions if needed. Only problem with MIDI is that you always need at least TWO manuals... :roll:

No doubt.... preciate ya help... im going to try and look more into this stuff this week, and step my MIDI game up. Its funny that im usually the only person at most of the studios that know how to route MIDI cables, but need to definitely sharpen up my MIDI data intelligence. Thanks again SCD "Super Cool Dude"!!! 8)
By diegoeskryptic Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:32 pm
scd wrote:Only problem with MIDI is that you always need at least TWO manuals... :roll:

And thats why it pays to keep it simple!!! :lol:
By 4dahaterz Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:59 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Topic is now a sticky :)

Thanks TUTOR
By JUMPNYC Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm
Thanks for this post!! Thanks to the mods for making it a sticky. Now when anyone asks me to explain MIDI, I can send them the pdf!!
By ritec Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:26 am
Thanks for the wrtie up SCD I appreciate very much, it made a couple things more clear, specially the syncing part!!

not to be anal or anything but the past tense of send is sent not sended. Your midi write up says sended all over the place, just though I'd let you know :wink:

thanks again.
By scd Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:13 am
Hey thanks for sending that sended thingy! Will improve the document and exchange it with a corrected one. :mrgreen:
By tomazzzi Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:55 am
Hi Boele,

Thanks for this document.

Though i v noticed an error :

The MIDI program change for SAMPLE programs doesn t send the program changes on external midi synths as stated in your documentation.

Regards
By scd Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 am
tomazzzi wrote:Hi Boele,

Thanks for this document.

Though i v noticed an error :

The MIDI program change for SAMPLE programs doesn t send the program changes on external midi synths as stated in your documentation.

Regards

Ah, thanks for that. Maybe a slip of the pen or a bug, need to find out. Will check it!