MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By 4dahaterz Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:36 pm
A few Bugs here and there seem to be popping up on other Threads, how about we start the MPC 5000 OS 2.0 Bug Thread

From Askia:

PLEASE!!!
In order to verify if something is a bug, you will have to give detailed steps on how to produce it. Based upon what you wrote, it is hard to tell but I will take a shot at it anyway.
Last edited by 4dahaterz on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BxJaze Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 am
I'll start. I've noticed that the Trim window is now lagging on my machine. I.E. when i use the sliders or jogwheel to adjust start endpoints, many times (half the time or more) the results of what im doing don't show on the screen until a few seconds later, its not as smooth as it was before with 1.02.
By sammymyman!! Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:22 am
I tried converting a song with 1 tempo change into a sequence,following the correct mapping so the tracks shouldnt interfere with each other but------------- the thing wont play right. the drumtrack notes get bounced/merged to another
already recorded track(a vocal track, where I can hear the drumtracks played by vocal sampz-kinda cool,but not what the track needs...:):)
Is it the tempo change maybe??? anyone have any ideas??

also-loading of .akp keygroup programs from the Z4/s6000/4k is erratic-sometimes they load first try-sometimes on the 2nd try-
sometimes the basic keygroup mappings are jumbled (crazy octave transpositions where they shouldnt be, mostly.)
anyone else experiencing this?
d
By Askia Shaheed Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm
4dahaterz wrote:A few Bugs here and there seem to be popping up on other Threads, how about we start the MPC 5000 OS 2.0 Bug Thread

Great idea but let's verify if they are actually bugs and direct them to this thread to report it.

sammymyman!! wrote:I tried converting a song with 1 tempo change into a sequence,following the correct mapping so the tracks shouldnt interfere with each other but------------- the thing wont play right. the drumtrack notes get bounced/merged to another
already recorded track(a vocal track, where I can hear the drumtracks played by vocal sampz-kinda cool,but not what the track needs...:):)

also-loading of .akp keygroup programs from the Z4/s6000/4k is erratic-sometimes they load first try-sometimes on the 2nd try-
sometimes the basic keygroup mappings are jumbled (crazy octave transpositions where they shouldnt be, mostly.)
d

In order to verify if something is a bug, you will have to give detailed steps on how to produce it. Based upon what you wrote, it is hard to tell but I will take a shot at it anyway.

1. When you convert Song what atre you setting Track Status to? Referenced to 1ST SQ?
2. If so, all your sequence tracks must be set up the exact same way. If you have Drum Kit 01 on Track 1 of SEQ 1, it must be on Track 1 of all sequences. If you have Piano (keygroup) program assigned to Track 2 of SEQ 1, it must be assigned to Track 2 of all sequences...continue this pattern. If you don't do this, all your instruments will be jumbled up.

Please confirm this. If this doesn't provide the fix, please give step by step details.
By sammymyman!! Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:49 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:
4dahaterz wrote:A few Bugs here and there seem to be popping up on other Threads, how about we start the MPC 5000 OS 2.0 Bug Thread

Great idea but let's verify if they are actually bugs and direct them to this thread to report it.

sammymyman!! wrote:I tried converting a song with 1 tempo change into a sequence,following the correct mapping so the tracks shouldnt interfere with each other but------------- the thing wont play right. the drumtrack notes get bounced/merged to another

d

1. When you convert Song what atre you setting Track Status to? Referenced to 1ST SQ?
2. If so, all your sequence tracks must be set up the exact same way. If you have Drum Kit 01 on Track 1 of SEQ 1, it must be on Track 1 of all sequences. If you have Piano (keygroup) program assigned to Track 2 of SEQ 1, it must be assigned to Track 2 of all sequences...continue this pattern. If you don't do this, all your instruments will be jumbled up.

Please confirm this. If this doesn't provide the fix, please give step by step details.

ok- let me repeat this-

"I tried converting a song with 1 tempo change into a sequence,following the correct mapping so the tracks shouldnt interfere with each other" ..........meaning "ref to 1st track".......I guess I shoulda said that a bit louder..:)

recreate my folly by:
A.make a song that will be over 100 bars long.
B. insert a tempo change or 2.
C. see what happens

let me know if you get jumbled results !
d
By Askia Shaheed Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:06 pm
sammymyman!! wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:

d

ok- let me repeat this-

"I tried converting a song with 1 tempo change into a sequence,following the correct mapping so the tracks shouldnt interfere with each other" ..........meaning "ref to 1st track".......I guess I shoulda said that a bit louder..:)

recreate my folly by:
C. see what happens

d

You don't have to say anything louder just be specific which you were not. Based upon the information you wrote, I can't produce your results but I will keep trying. Also, you can upload the files you are using which will help isolate the problem.
By 4dahaterz Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:10 pm
sammymyman!! wrote:ok- let me repeat this-

recreate my folly by:
C. see what happens

d

Im about to try it now... and ill report back with the results

Also, did you Reinitialize the MPC after loading OS 2

Edited...

I noticed something, as Askia said before, you have to give a lil bit more details

How did you make the song that you have first(this is before you converted the multiple sequences into one song, and then turned this song into one long whole sequence), like what sequences is it made up of, and if they are for example Sequence 1 and Sequence 2, and etc... how do you have those sequences layed out
Such as, what do you have on Sequence 1 ___ Track 1 Program 808, Track 2 Program 909, Track 3 Program Grand Piano , etc...

Sequence 2, whats the same information for it? and so forth if you have other sequences

Just trying to figure out and recreate your issue homie
By acoustiventure Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm
wouldn't it be interesting to start each bug report independently with a new topic and insert it into the 2.0 bug thread as soon as a couple of 5Kusers seem to be able to recreate it :idea:
this would clear up this report a bit and make it more user friendly...
(if I would discover a bug, it would be much more fun to find out in this compact bug report if it were already listed... :wink: )
By 4dahaterz Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm
acoustiventure wrote:wouldn't it be interesting to start each bug report independently with a new topic and insert it into the 2.0 bug thread as soon as a couple of 5Kusers seem to be able to recreate it :idea:
this would clear up this report a bit and make it more user friendly...
(if I would discover a bug, it would be much more fun to find out in this compact bug report if it were already listed... :wink: )

The moderators will sometimes go in and clean out the BS for us if there is any
By dreadnutz Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 am
i noticed when you quantice all tracks there is a 1-2 sec. delay before you can start the sequence. not sure if this is since os2....

also yesterday i loaded a programm (made on os1) and there was no sound.
i switched it off and on, loaded it again and had sounds... weird.
but this happens only once so far...
By zuckwheat Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:44 pm
Rmemeber, you must re init after updating. Hold down ERASE while powering up. And if were me I'd backup the hd and format it under the news OS. I've seen several OS 2.0 concerns cleared up with a re init.
By dreadnutz Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 pm
did re init after installing, but not hd formating under new os. but i think that should be not the reason for a delaytime after quantizing.
but anyway, perhaps its just mine, so i am curious?

AND: same slow speed (USB 1.0) as on OS1 when transfering files from notebook.
could any1 check this also?
By 4dahaterz Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:40 pm
dreadnutz wrote:AND: same slow speed (USB 1.0) as on OS1 when transfering files from notebook.
could any1 check this also?

I dont think this was suppose to be included in the OS 2.0 update
By 5000ways Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 pm
I had a bad experience with 2.0 and syncing to Pro Tools. For whatever reason I was getting a drifting sync sometimes the mpc was on sometimes it was off. Never over 4 bars of continued sync. I did everything possible, til I almost called a midi tech and burn a couple of hundred.I tried one last thing reboot the MPC back to stock OS. Low and behold that was the problem. Now I am back to no keygroups, this sucks...