MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By joshjohnz Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Best fix. Sell the MPC 2700 and buy a MPC 4000. :lol:

I knew there would be at least one 4k comment. :lol:
It is a rather embarrassing issue. Coming from an XL I couldn't believe it. :WTF:
By CharlesRandolph Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:25 pm
joshjohnz wrote:I knew there would be at least one 4k comment. :lol:
It is a rather embarrassing issue. Coming from an XL I couldn't believe it. :WTF:

It's a shame they do not release the source programming code for older machines. Or subcontract with other programmers to continue code support. They would make a killing on OS upgrades.
By Jauly Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:00 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:It's a shame they do not release the source programming code for older machines. Or subcontract with other programmers to continue code support. They would make a killing on OS upgrades.

:worthy:

A kind of JJOS would be absoute killer for the 5000. Maybe somebody can extract the code from the ROM?
By Pardo Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:23 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:MY 5000 DOESNT ALWAYS PLAY BACK EVERY PAD HIT DURING RECORDING. THE SAMPLE PLAYS WHEN A PAD IS TRIGGERED BUT DURING RECORDING IT DOESNT PLAYBACK EVERYTHING THAT WAS "SUPPOSELY" RECORED. SO I HAVE TO RE-RECORD A PATTERN OVER AND OVER BEFORE IT ACTUALLY PLAYS BACK EVERY PAD PLAYED.IS THIS A BUG OR JUST MAYBE BAD SENSORS? THIS HAS HAPPENED EVER SINCE I UPDATED TO 2.0 OS.

hello, how did you solve the problem? :roll: Thank !
By J.O.BEATS Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:08 am
Pardo wrote:
J.O.BEATS wrote:MY 5000 DOESNT ALWAYS PLAY BACK EVERY PAD HIT DURING RECORDING. THE SAMPLE PLAYS WHEN A PAD IS TRIGGERED BUT DURING RECORDING IT DOESNT PLAYBACK EVERYTHING THAT WAS "SUPPOSELY" RECORED. SO I HAVE TO RE-RECORD A PATTERN OVER AND OVER BEFORE IT ACTUALLY PLAYS BACK EVERY PAD PLAYED.IS THIS A BUG OR JUST MAYBE BAD SENSORS? THIS HAS HAPPENED EVER SINCE I UPDATED TO 2.0 OS.

hello, how did you solve the problem? :roll: Thank !

Really wish I had an answer for you. I sold the 5k a couple years later so its been awhile. Nobody could ever help me figure out what the problem was and couldn't get anybody to repeat the problem until now apparently lol

I believe it only happened when quantize was on. So maybe turn that off and give it a try. Best of luck