MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Kaia Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 am
So there's no way to have the 3.0 update? This Mpc costs a lot of money.. :( it must be supported!!!!!!!!!! :(
By RodmanSan Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm
Kaia wrote:So there's no way to have the 3.0 update? This Mpc costs a lot of money.. :( it must be supported!!!!!!!!!! :(

Complaints can be send to Akai.....my guess is that you won't be heard this way...
By joshjohnz Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:16 am
dazastah wrote:
jacey714 wrote:Multi-layer samples don't play consistently on the MPC5000...I layer 4 different kick samples on 1 pad and notice the sounds not hitting consistently. Even when I sequence it...I hear the kick sounding different every few hits...Never had this problem with the MPC3000, MPC1000 or MPC4000...or my S5000 sampler...

To try this yourself...layer 4 different kicks (also works on any sound...snares, etc.). Set FULL LEVEL on...Try hitting the pad over and over...and you will hear the kick tone change every few hits...The change is pretty drastic...depending what types of sound you layer...You will definitely notice it when you sequence it...For example try hitting the note every 1/4 note...like a house beat...and listen to it change in tone every few hits...ANNOYING!!! I would literally have to go into Protools and chop and replace every bad hit in the track if I record this thing!!!

I can confirm this too...
Filling up one pad with four samples..(ie four different kick drums samples)
And hitting the pad repeatedly to hear the samples not triggering at exactly the same time. I;d guess at maybe 1.ms difference.

I just picked up a 5000 a few weeks ago. Didn’t notice until I tracked out a layered kick for the first time. My 2000XL has never done this. Has anyone figured out a setting or anything to fix this, besides not layering? I was excited about improved layering features, upsetting it’s not solid.
By joshjohnz Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:56 pm
dryad-66 wrote:Im sure it was the same on the 2500 and 1000? One option is to re sample.

Good call, I have yet to resample on it. I've never used a 1000 or 2500 either. I really only layer with kicks, 2 kicks recorded on same track is the same thing, just an annoying work around. Been my only issue with the machine so far. Thanks
By joshjohnz Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:This a secret, easter egg feature, 'timbre randomisation' for a more natural sound. :) Maybe Akai have been secretly adding new features to the MPC5000 OS, in preparation for the 'MPC5000-XL Landfill Edition' release.

haha I'll just be over here with my 8 useless layers...
By Eyalc Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:55 pm
This is a known issue with the 5000. The timing of multiple layers isn’t consistent. The solution many of us had to use was to resample the layered kick and use it. I would resample a measure with the kick hitting 8 times for example. Then pick the one that sounded like I intended (the ones without timing drift). Then I’d use that kick for the song. Hope that makes sense.
By joshjohnz Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:06 pm
Eyalc wrote:This is a known issue with the 5000. The timing of multiple layers isn’t consistent. The solution many of us had to use was to resample the layered kick and use it. I would resample a measure with the kick hitting 8 times for example. Then pick the one that sounded like I intended (the ones without timing drift). Then I’d use that kick for the song. Hope that makes sense.

It sure does. Thank you, I just started resampling with this machine.