MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By jocks Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:wow, 5 months, amazing. I remember 3 months for a SCSI fuse repair on my XL around 12 years ago.

My fuji camera broke last year (under warranty), sent it off (postage paid by fuji) and it came back 2 days later fully fixed. That's customer service for you :)

Today the shop called me and suggested a refund.
they will deal with Akai and the Swedish distributor, on their own.
I still wanted a mpc5k, so they will get me a new one, without me having to wait on the refund.
If the new mpc5k will missbehave, I will stear away from newer Akai gear forever...
Obviously, many mpc5k's work just fine. I do hope my next one will be flawless :)
regards
jocks
By MeSoHordey Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:30 pm
I would not expect flawless on any machine. The 5000 seem to be kinda buggy all around.
By CoinOP! Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:I would not expect flawless on any machine. The 5000 seem to be kinda buggy all around.

Pretty bold assumption! Because a small percentage of users have problems with it? Mine is fine, the 5000 just needs that extra umph which is in there!
By jocks Sat May 07, 2011 8:52 am
FLASH NEWS!
Just as the shop was prepared to get me a new machine, the new distributor in Sweden delivered a new replacement machine to the shop. Got it home yesterday, and mounted my 128MB memory expansion this morning :)
this one had OS 2.0 installed, so I know it's newer than my first machine.
fingers crossed and hope this mpc5k will behave like it should!
/jocks
By EmmPCeeNC Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:48 pm
Just got a 5000 and when I turned it on I got the veng error, turned it off and back on and it fired up fine the second time. Has anyone else got this error, or figured out what causes it or a fix?
By MeSoHordey Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:01 pm
EmmPCeeNC wrote:Just got a 5000 and when I turned it on I got the veng error, turned it off and back on and it fired up fine the second time. Has anyone else got this error, or figured out what causes it or a fix?

I get it on boot once in a while too. I've researched it, but still have no idea what causes it.
By EmmPCeeNC Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 am
Thanks bro, just a Lil nervous after reading the forums, the majority seem to not get this error so I'm hoping it's just a corrupt file or something
By westonrundle Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:34 am
I have been using my MPC 5000 error free for over a year now. Bought it used. It has been amazing and flawless, until just today when I encountered the VEng error. Three times in the last hour my MPC has given me this error, and I'm about to huck the **** out the window. For me, it has happened only when I am actively trying to record a sample, all three times. Mid-sample the MPC seems like it's freezing, then it states "VEng error", and after that my only option is to shut down the MPC because nothing is operation at that point. I have no solution to contribute unfortunately, but I thought I'd contribute my circumstances to the discussion in hopes that somebody knows what the **** is going on.

:WTF: :evil:
By Pacerpm Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:03 pm
They need JJOS. Period. The OS for the 5k are doomed, That's why no one can fix them.
If Akai refuses to let this happen, then to hell with 'em.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Pacerpm wrote:They need JJOS. Period. The OS for the 5k are doomed, That's why no one can fix them.
If Akai refuses to let this happen, then to hell with 'em.

Jj wasn’t involved with the 5000, he doesn’t have the source code and akai certainly ain’t going to give it to him. The 5000 was discontinued 12 years ago, it’s all over, it is what it is