MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By bdat1981 Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:38 am
Does anybody know how to fix the "VEng error" problem? I can't load anything.
By golfzerosafari Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:21 am
It should eventually load. Try rebooting than reload. How did it happen? So we dont do it again.

It happened to me one time when I had a friends mpk49 hooked up to it. He was playing keys with the synth while I saved the track. That is the only thing I can think of as why it happened. Just a guess...
By IMNICE Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm
That happen to me yesterday. Just load up each sample 1 by 1 then resave it in a new folder
By golfzerosafari Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:55 am
I think I found out what is causing that. Try this, remove any weird characters from your file names. I erased this character ~ and now it loads fine. If you cant load it. Do it from the usb connection. Good luck....Lemme know if it works.
By jocks Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm
golfzerosafari wrote:I think I found out what is causing that. Try this, remove any weird characters from your file names. I erased this character ~ and now it loads fine. If you cant load it. Do it from the usb connection. Good luck....Lemme know if it works.

ok, I went thru that list of tips earlier, golfzerosafari.
if those tips solves your problem, then that's fine.
but if the machine has booted fine for weeks without problems and you haven't made any new recording or editing, why does it reappear suddendly? my machine won't even boot from trusty internal flash memory everytime!?
mpc-forum is a great source for help many times. many solutions have been found here, sadly not from Akai support page.
a rumour says that Akai now based in USA, is getting better, regarding customer support. Keep your fingers crossed!
the MPC concept is still a great musical tool.
/jocks
By golfzerosafari Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:58 pm
jocks wrote:
golfzerosafari wrote:I think I found out what is causing that. Try this, remove any weird characters from your file names. I erased this character ~ and now it loads fine. If you cant load it. Do it from the usb connection. Good luck....Lemme know if it works.

but if the machine has booted fine for weeks without problems and you haven't made any new recording or editing, why does it reappear suddendly? my machine won't even boot from trusty internal flash memory everytime!?
mpc-forum is a great source for help many times. many solutions have been found here, sadly not from Akai support page.
a rumour says that Akai now based in USA, is getting better, regarding customer support. Keep your fingers crossed!
/jocks

Damn, you caught a lemon mpc. I wonder if its a certain batch of mpc's that have hardware issues?
By jocks Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:11 am
golfzerosafari wrote:
jocks wrote:

/jocks

Damn, you caught a lemon mpc. I wonder if its a certain batch of mpc's that have hardware issues?

yes, the music shop haven't had any mpc5k returned before, but they sent it back to the distributor at once.
according to the shop keeper, other clients have been using MPC5k for a long time without problems.

hopefully I'll get a replacement unit back soon.
/jocks
By daveyP Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:48 pm
Think im getting the units from this very batch too.
By jocks Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 pm
ok, I'm still waiting for my mpc5k from repair. I've spoken with the shop keeper and his crew three times. next week it has been away for 2 month. I will contact the shop for direct contact with the distributor/service personel. Feels like it's hard do get things fixed or replaced by Akai. Perhaps the money back and buy an old mpc4k instead is a better solution?
/jocks
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:11 pm
Had Veng error a few times, including today. A reboot fixes it for me.

Could be hardware, not sure; I believe I have one of the first batch made, got it shipped over from VST Service. Given that I write MPC books, I has a bunch of different MPCs, and the MPC5000 is getting used for certain tasks, but I still feel more comfortable with the 2500 running JJ OS (MPC2000XL still the most stable MPC I have).
By jocks Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 pm
ok, now we're getting somewhere... :)
I got an answer on monday, saying that it IS a faulty hardware on mine. something wrong with motherboard or processor on it. They'll be new parts coming from UK office, or a replacement unit. If you're still under warranty and getting Vengine error on boot up now and then, send it in. that's my suggestion.
By jocks Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm
here's a news flash: nothing new...
Akai europe now has my mpc5k for repairs since a couple of weeks. I dropped it off at the musicshop in late november!
It took two months before it was sent to germany for repairs. that was more than 14 days ago. now no one knows the status, because Akai haven't sent any tracking number back to Swedish Akai dealer.
MPC5k was the center piece in my studio! now everything is standing still!
/jocks
By daveyP Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 pm
Ah, thats a shitter. Keep calling and emailing them they seem decent enough at trying to get stuff sorted. I got an email out of the blue from one of the guys who is more technical with the 5000 so offered to help me out.
I have that reassurance if i run into any problems.
Give them a call, get a contact name and email and they surely help get your unit sorted.
You must have got yourself a signature when you passed it to the UPS or Parcelforce (or whichever it was) guy? If so then your sorted, someone somewhere will get it sorted for you or replace it if theyve lost it.

Bit of a pain that you have nothing else to fall back on- break out the acoustic- just had myself an acoustic session for the last hour. Needed to get that out of my system.

What was the issue with the MPC can i ask?

dp
By jocks Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:40 am
daveyP wrote:Ah, thats a ****. Keep calling and emailing them they seem decent enough at trying to get stuff sorted. I got an email out of the blue from one of the guys who is more technical with the 5000 so offered to help me out.
I have that reassurance if i run into any problems.
Give them a call, get a contact name and email and they surely help get your unit sorted.
You must have got yourself a signature when you passed it to the UPS or Parcelforce (or whichever it was) guy? If so then your sorted, someone somewhere will get it sorted for you or replace it if theyve lost it.

Bit of a pain that you have nothing else to fall back on- break out the acoustic- just had myself an acoustic session for the last hour. Needed to get that out of my system.

What was the issue with the MPC can i ask?

dp

ok, according to the shop www.jam.se , my mpc5k IS repaired and on it's way back from Germany. Vengine boot error is fixed now, and LFO>VCO1 modulation is working. now that was like 3 weeks ago, they gave me that answer...
my mpc5k has been away for repairs since november 22, 2010.