MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Wavemaster Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:02 pm
Hi folks,

I just booted the mpc after some time without using it and no sounds can be triggered with the upper 8 pads, equal which bank.

As well the corresponding sub-menue´s can´t be activated.

As I didn´t got a service manual, please give someone an note how to fix that problem. Is it possible to reset the machine?

Thanks.

lg
By tattootroy Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 am
dont wasted money buying new sensor,
the reason why these sensor fail is something to do with air in the sensor plate.
the air works as a spring, over time the air is gone and leave only suction. no spring and the top layer of the sensor is constantly touching the the bottom layer.

To fix
notice around each pad sensor you will see they have a gap that do not stick to the metal plat, get a razor knife and cut a lil slice 1mm is enough to let air in on each sensor,
be carful dont cut the sliver looking circuit tracks. cut away from them,

here is a vid
, in this vid the guy made his cut at top and bottom and he made his cut very close on top of the black sensor.
you do not have to make long cuts like him just cut at the the bottom away from the black pad sensor thing.
basically you will be making a lil cut to let air in to the sensor pads,

I have done this and it works too bad i did not take any pics when i done mine and
By konc3pt Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm
tattootroy wrote:dont wasted money buying new sensor,
the reason why these sensor fail is something to do with air in the sensor plate.
the air works as a spring, over time the air is gone and leave only suction. no spring and the top layer of the sensor is constantly touching the the bottom layer.

To fix
notice around each pad sensor you will see they have a gap that do not stick to the metal plat, get a razor knife and cut a lil slice 1mm is enough to let air in on each sensor,
be carful dont cut the sliver looking circuit tracks. cut away from them,

here is a vid
, in this vid the guy made his cut at top and bottom and he made his cut very close on top of the black sensor.
you do not have to make long cuts like him just cut at the the bottom away from the black pad sensor thing.
basically you will be making a lil cut to let air in to the sensor pads,

I have done this and it works too bad i did not take any pics when i done mine and

was bout to post this up but you beat me to it...this method really works...as long as you dont cut thru none of the white lines
By Braindead Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:49 pm
Not for the 1000 , the 1000 are totally diferent , if you had the 1st gen of pad in your 1000 , you have single pad with a square of carbon who did the contact 99% of the time is the square of carbon who just moove from the center because withe the time the glue who madd the carbon in right place gone
Just lpen the pad replsce the carbon and glue it on a side of the carbon don’t bring glue in all the surface !!!!! The carbon need to did the contact .
Personnally i use scotch double face and scotch the side of the carbon whith the pad
If your carbon is breack in manny time just did a puzzle with it and and scotch it to the pad
If the carbon is totally breack and it didn’t walk after the fix you can change the carbon with kitchen alluminium , but you loos the sensibility with alluminium you are like if full velocity will on . But is still function