MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By MeSoHordey Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm
Akai has a long track record of abandoning products and leaving their customers out in the cold when problems occur, whether the device sells well or not.
By LivePsy Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 pm
Akai see the MPC5000 as the last hardware sampler they will make. So dropping support for it won't hurt sales because they don't intend to sell any more hardware samplers anyway.

Perhaps NOT fixing the MPC5000 gives customers the push (excuse pun) to go Ren.

B
By MPCTNT Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 pm
LivePsy wrote:Akai see the MPC5000 as the last hardware sampler they will make. So dropping support for it won't hurt sales because they don't intend to sell any more hardware samplers anyway.

Perhaps NOT fixing the MPC5000 gives customers the push (excuse pun) to go Ren.

B

Come to think of it, even tho my 5k served its purpose, this holds some water as to why I went with the studio as 1.5 came out. I do miss the 5k a little at times, but have no regrets of going Studio/Laptop route.
By LivePsy Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 pm
Every hardware MPC has design faults: either bad design or poor components. The 1000/2500/5000 all have terrible displays which darken or change as it warms up, the 5000 isn't even the same background across the screen because of heat. My 5000 stinks with something too hot on the input board, I guess its the same for all of them but it has never gone away in a decade. And you can't blame the corporate takeover. 2000's all had display problems too. I think they are great relics which are fun to take out of the closet once and a while. MPC One/LIVE/X or SP-404mkii are more worthwhile now.