MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By carlosj Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:02 pm
C'mon AKAI guys...

Please give us a new OS.

I'd love to have sync offset, and track offset in Milliseconds.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Chillin Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 am
Ill-Green wrote:Dan Gill promised Saint Joe at winter NAMM 2013 that they are working on the new OS for the 5000. I know he lied becaused he said the same thing the last NAMM and then came out with an apology speech that its not gonna happen. So far, no apology speech yet but with a dev team of only 5 people at Nukai, I think all the funds is going to the Renny Stinkbox.

BTW, we did a few huge petitions for the MPC500 from OS 2.0 to releasing the open source, but Akai never listens, they always got some rep saying "Hey, thats a good idea, I'll pass this to the right department" then you hear the same thing from the "right department" like "Hey, this is good guys, I'll speak to my superiors about this" But, SH!T!! How many times do we have to kick and scream that their products are incomplete? For the last 5 years Nukai been sleeping and dreaming on their clients because they are drunk with the Akai MPC brand name like its the sacred word of the kabbala.

Basically one year later, we can confirm that Dan has been lying. There will be no update to the MPC5000. OS 3.0 will never happen, as was stated by one of the InMusic employees.

Sp: I do think InMusic has enough money to invest in the 5000, but they simply don't won't to. They expect costumers to buy new (incomplete) products every so what years. That is the strategy. Unfortunately for them, this way they are losing costumers to other brands.
By dryad-66 Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:16 pm
wavemartian wrote:Do you mean the onboard synth?. It can record all CC messages in the grid to control external synths. It's a good machine, for some reason quality control let a fair few lemons through. Also it is very sensitive to fluctuations in voltage source

FooK!!!!r u saying you can record all the synth parameters real time with the sequencer?
By wavemartian Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:09 pm
Just nominate control changes to each of the sliders and knobs on the mpc, make sure assign is off. For internal synth assign needs to be on, then do as before. When you go to the prog. Make sure in set-up you have record changes markedCan also use midi controllor. You can also step edit CC messages as well. This and direct recording, and continuous sample track, appegg and synth, and the sound quality make it a good machine, in fact I'm finding you can pick one uo cheaper than the 1000 or 2500, in some cases
By Astromagnum Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:58 pm
wavemartian wrote:Just nominate control changes to each of the sliders and knobs on the mpc, make sure assign is off. For internal synth assign needs to be on, then do as before. When you go to the prog. Make sure in set-up you have record changes markedCan also use midi controllor. You can also step edit CC messages as well. This and direct recording, and continuous sample track, appegg and synth, and the sound quality make it a good machine, in fact I'm finding you can pick one uo cheaper than the 1000 or 2500, in some cases

Sorry, can you clarify this statement about recording internal synth parameters? Can they be recorded into the sequencer or not? I can control external synths and their CCs easy enough, but CC/parameters for the internal synth are not available for Q Links. So how is this done?
By richie Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm
It would be better if someone just hacked whatever company is contracted out to do the os and jack their source code and other development tools.
By distortedtekno Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 am
richie wrote:It would be better if someone just hacked whatever company is contracted out to do the os and jack their source code and other development tools.

I wonder if any of the Anonymous hackers make beats with MPCs. :lol:
By mr_debauch Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:23 am
distortedtekno wrote:
richie wrote:It would be better if someone just hacked whatever company is contracted out to do the os and jack their source code and other development tools.

I wonder if any of the Anonymous hackers make beats with MPCs. :lol:

yeah but the only one i know of is only concerned with vintage mpc60's previously owned by famous rock musicians.... :lol: