MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By 4x4 Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:35 am
Hey this is my first post, a few days ago I was working with the MPC 5000 and started to rain... suddenly was a fall lightning, the MPC turn off and later cant turn on again, I dont know whats is the problem. Could you tell me if anyone has had a similar problem? and could you tell me which part was burned? I think is the power supply but i dont know exactly, have you heard of any similar case? I wanna know wich pieces I have to buy to fix the mpc. I would really apreciate your answer.

Best reggards from Méjico.

4x4
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:51 am
First check the obvious stuff, like the power cord itself, which will have a fuse in the plug - this may have blown. And if this was plugged into an extension cable, the fuse on that may have also blown. So if you can, try the MPC with a known working power cable directly in a main outlet. Or just replace the existing plug fuse with a new one.

If the 5000 is anything like other MPCs, the power supply has its own internal fuse, which is easily replaced and costs pennies on Ebay. You'll need to open up the MPC5000 and take a look, the fuse should be located on the circuit board near the power supply.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:First check the obvious stuff, like the power cord itself, which will have a fuse in the plug - this may have blown. And if this was plugged into an extension cable, the fuse on that may have also blown. So if you can, try the MPC with a known working power cable directly in a main outlet. Or just replace the existing plug fuse with a new one.

Outside of the UK, a power cord, and a power extension cord, will most likely not have a plug fuse.

Plug fuses are pretty much a UK only standard, I believe.
By 4x4 Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm
I already oppened my mpc and it looks fine, not burned pieces, but I cant find the fuse, I oppened from below, have you some picture where the fue is located? I already check the power chord cable and it isnt the problem, best reggards.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:MPC5000 service manual is at the bottom of this page, the fuse location should be shown in that:

...should be, but isn't.

The fuses should be located on the power supply PCB, or nearby, where the AC power cord connects to the MPC.

Be very careful, make sure it is unplugged from the AC/mains power before touching internal parts, AC/mains power can kill you.
By 4x4 Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 am
Thanks fot the answers. I oppened the MPC, but I think I have to remove all the power supply to found the fuse because at first I cant vieew the fuse. I have a question, do you know what is the model of the fuse¡ or which "Voltage" uses the fuse? best reggards.

4x4
By 4x4 Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:08 pm
Hi, these are some pictures of the MPC 5000, can someone indicate me where the fuse is located? I cant find it, thanks.

By RodmanSan Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:44 am
Fuse will always be located close to where the power enters the MPC.

At least i don't see one on your pictures.

It could be located around here :
By Braindead Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:25 am
NO FUSE ON THE 5000!!!!!!!!
the2 fat pink resistor on the power pcb did this job
Is for this the mpc had temperatur trouble who burn the power supply pcboard
Just watch condo on this board and change the ones who is dammaged
You welcom