MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By MPC5k-Newb Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:38 pm
I just bought a used MPC 5000 and the pads are not responding (well, sorta). If I press note repeat I hear a repeating note. If I hold note repeat and press a pad I can trigger sounds on any of the pads, however, the initial repeating not is still repeating as well.

Also, if I press the mode button I cannot enter any of the pages by pressing any of the pads?

Can anyone help me with this? Let me know if I need to provide more info.

This using is running OS 2.
By Clint Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:28 pm
Always reset a new 'used' machine immediately, otherwise you can be working with the previous owners settings and waste a lot of time scratching your head. Once you've done a reset, you know that strange behaviour can be attributed to a fault or issue of some kind.

How to reset an MPC5000? Now that I do not know, the manual may provide the answer...
By Erocheadz Sun May 22, 2016 9:26 am
This Might sound Strange....
take the front plate off
take rubber pads off
you will see the sensors
take a razor and splice through the top and bottom.. but be sure not to cut the circuit you have to be really careful... i myself thought this was strange but i did it by watching a youtube tutorial
and my mpc works perfect now