MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By VickBeatz Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:06 am
Hi, I recently got an mpc 5000, I absolutely love it, I am still learning and I know extremely little about it. Anyways, I get most of my samples from the internet, I plugged up my mpc via the usb cable and transfered samples onto my mpc hard disk, when I go to the sample on the mpc and I load it up by pressing DO IT, I see that the wave free megabytes go down, and then when I chop up the sample and finally press convert, it says No Memory Available, I'm guessing that is because of the low space on the wave free thing, is that not how you load up a sample? what am I doing wrong? (Sorry if I write messy, I've never been good at explaining things lol, hope you understand!!)

Thanks!
VickBeatz
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:44 am
Does your MPC5000 have the 192MB memory expansion? If chopping causes memory to run out I suspect a) you don't have the expansion, and b) you are chopping a far too large sample in the first place. Try chopping small phrases (e.g. 2 to 8 bars long etc), not entire songs. Remember, whatever you chop will become at least double in size after chopping (i.e. the original sample and all the chopped pieces of it).
By VickBeatz Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:20 pm
I think you are right, I don't have the expansion and I was chopping an entire song that was almost 60 mb! Thanks!!