MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By eMPiJunks Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 am
WHATS UP EVERYBODY

I HAVE A LOT OF BEATS ON MY SAMPLER AND I WANT TO RECORDING SOME TRACKS IN REAL TIME TO THE DAW ON MY COMPUTER. WHAT I MUST BUY TO DO THIS (INTERFACE OR MIXER)? WE HAVE 8 ANALOG OUTPUTS TO RECORDING, BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IS. I NEED A PROFESSIONAL INTERFACE /MIXER AND YOUR OPINIONS, THANK Y'ALL
By reeloy Wed May 25, 2016 10:05 am
....a mixer is, in this case, is only a good idea if it provides at least eight busses, too...

an 8 ins interface will let u record all mpc content in one rush....therefor you even don't need midi though.....

but the job can be done also with a smaller interface.....if it provides a stable midi clock....

there is no need for recording in one rush.....

u can also record track by track, or in certain stems, if the midi clock is solid, just by soloing the single tracks or groups on ur mpc....
By R3MEZ Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:44 am
Another way to track out is by recording each track on the HD or Sampler then save them as a wav and connect the 5000 by usb to your computer and drag the files onto your computer then drop them into ProTools or whatever daw you use...