MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By search64 Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 am
I don’t know if the fanboy sub :lol: is the right place to get an objective response to this, but what is the current status of the 5k?

I’m looking to get into the MPC world and it seems the 5k has the best value of all of them. You can get one for the same price as a 1k or 2.5k. Is this a good MPC to start out with, or is it a bit too complicated?

I remember when the 4k was just out it was buggy as hell and nobody wanted it (this was not from my own experience, just reading the forums). Now it seems that one is the most venerated of all, so why hasn’t anyone come around on the 5k yet with the OS update?
By Zedisded Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 pm
From what I’ve seen on the boards, the 2500 appears to be the one to go for simply because you can run jjos. In my country the 2500 is more or less the same price as the 5000 so I still feel the 5000 is better value BUT then I haven’t used jjos so I can’t really say if the software is infinitely better. I’ve had my 5000 for about 4 years now and touch wood, it’s been a solid machine. I haven’t really experienced any of the bugs a lot of people complain about but that’s maybe just my workflow.

Personally I just think the 5000 came out at the wrong time. It’s not a bad machine at all and even now it’s still a powerhouse in what it’s capable of doing.