MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Marx900 Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 pm
Hi guys

I'm used to chopping on the MPC2500 (JJOS). A while ago I've bought a MPC5000. Today I used it the first time and wasn't able to figure out, how to zoom in/out the wave file in the chopping menu... :hmmm: :hmmm:

Could please help me out?

I'd highly appreciate it!

Thanks!
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:11 pm
PAGE 127 in the Manual. (It's your friend)
https://www.mpc-tutor.com/files/mpc-manual/mpc5000_reference_manual_v2.00.pdf

Zoom

With the Chop Fine window, you can zoom in to a Chop Point and edit it in detail. While Chopping a sample, select the region you would like to edit, place the cursor in either in the 'St' (Start) or 'End' field, and press the [WINDOW] button.

The Chop Fine window will be displayed. In the Chop Fine window, the waveform display varies depending on the location of the cursor. When you select the 'St' (Start) field with the cursor, it displays the start point in the center of the window. When you select the 'End' field, it displays the end point in the center. If you press the [F2] (ZOOM-) button the waveform will be zoomed out, if you press the [F3] (ZOOM+) button, it will be zoomed in.