MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Dillionaire_ Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:39 am
Hi guys, after my 4000 breaking down a month ago. I decided to buy a 5000 in the meantime to let me keep making beats, it came up for a good price and I went for it. Haven't had any issues for a week, then all of a sudden its rebooting in the middle of a session. Sometimes it cant even boot up and I have to turn it off.

I noticed a hiss coming from PSU inside the unit, swapped a lead out but made no difference. Guessing from what I've read, the PSU is damaged.

Purchased it and tested it all working fine when I got it, just starting to show signs now a week later. I've spent about $2000 on two pieces of shit that have been nothing but problems. Sadly im very close to giving up on akai. has anyone experienced this recently? Again... Any help appreciated. Thanks guys.
By Dillionaire_ Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:47 am
The saga Continues. Got around to repairing the screen inverter board which appeared to have some broken parts, such as a cap and two resistors blown up, screen is nice and bright with no lines But the restart is continuously happening. Will take the power supply out and get it recapped. Its gonna cost a fair bit to do but I'd like to see this thing working
By AcidAziz Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:55 am
Dillionaire....

i had the same problem, in my case the solution was to replace the power supply, i replaced all the output capacitors but the problem still remained.

its a shitty shoddy, made power supply that can cause issues after accouple of years. because its a switch mode power supply it can be time consuming to trouble shoot and repair.
there are many things that can cause this problem, one being the semiconductors rectifiers or the caps but yeah

in the end i contacted Innmusic and bought another psu and replaced it my self , but this was a while ago maybee that would work for you.

this particular area of the device can pack quite a punch if you are not trained and not know what you are doing so, be careful or leave it to someone that is an expert.
By Dillionaire_ Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06 am
Thanks man. Good to know, because i have zero interest in wasting more money on it. Best thing I can do is find a PSU at some stage then try get it in there. My god it looks like you have to take all the boards out to sort the PSU what a nightmare. when its just sitting there on the side, whoever thought to run all the power under the main boards in that manner is evil