MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Mike5000 Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:32 pm
Hi people,

after 12 years of use I wanted to give my MPC a refresh. Cleaned everything and changed some faders. And … of course wanted to add a SSD. But damn – I try to hook this up for hours hourse without success.

I formated the SSD ExFat, ExFat32, ntfs … nothing works. The MPC says either (SEng Device not selected) or " No device present (HD)".

I bought the following items:
- Transcend PATA SSD 128GB (6,4 cm (2,5), MLC)
- 2,5' HDD to 3,5' IDE (44 Pin-40 Pin) Adapter

Any idea? Hope you can help :worthy:

Thank you,
Mike

By Bombbeats4000 Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm
Is there a way for you to set a jumper on that IDE 44-40 adapter ?
Most of the time the jumper is an issue on these older machines as they were either Master or Slave and they need to be in the right mode.
These days (SSD era) we don't have these options anymore.
By Zedisded Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Hey bud, started another thread where I’m hoping to catalog what’s works and what doesn’t? May help you a bit. My combo didn’t work, that was startech IDE to SSD with a Western Digital 120Gb Green Drive. I keep getting a SEng error after formatting as well.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=212876&p=1841082#p1841082
By Pacerpm Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:57 pm
I'm having the same error and I don't even have a drive hooked up. Not a hard drive or a CD drive.... Go figure. Don't know if this helps you any but I thought I'd let you know. Let me know if you figured it out please. Thanks I appreciate it. Ryan