MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By tomaskidd Thu May 20, 2021 12:56 am
I've been getting pretty deep into my MPC5000, integrating it into a live drum set up. It has been working great performing many functions but one very frustrating issue I've hit is loading sequences with odd time signatures.

When I load a saved setup, the MPC recognises the time signatures of the loaded sequences, but it defaults to playing them as 2 bars of 4/4. This means if the sequence is longer, it abruptly cuts back to the start before reaching the end, and if it's shorter, it stops playing without looping.

I found I can overcome this by simply going to edit the time signature of the sequence then cancelling without changing anything - however this is easy to forget (and has messed me up when performing live) and I'm reaching a point where I have dozens of sequences to work with, so it becomes a cumbersome task.

Is there a way to fix this - a firmware update, a method of saving/loading, anything?