MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Straker Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:37 am
Mpc Live is my first Mpc and after trying many many drum samples, I ended up using Mp5000 library samples.
So I am curious about 5000.
Is anyone who used both, Live and 5000, so kind to explain me the differences between the two devices?
I guess Mpc5000 sounds great.
I like my Live, after 3 years I like it even more, so funny and powerful instrument.
By Bombbeats4000 Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:14 pm
The 5K is a great MPC and imo the best MPC made before we received the new gen Live, X, and One.
Why ? Its feature packed, has the best display of all (pre Live,X, etc) and it has a pretty good workflow.
Ofcourse it needs some getting used to and due to all its features it can look complicated but it’s not that bad.
Its like the 2500 workflow on a 2500 on steroids. In a way it’s like a 4000 mixed with the 2500.
The 4000 is very complicated and the most feature packed MPC ever which makes it hard to master.
I think the 5000 is the sweetspot and with the V2 software update its pretty solid.
Its without a doubt the most underrated MPC ever !!!
Also its by far the best bang for the buck.
By TheRealChalaco Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:40 am
its great but missing smpte, syncing it is a pain in the ass, stacking drums is also a pain in the ass because its jittery as hell sounds sloppy. i hope the mpc gods will bless us with a 3.0 os that will give us better timing, sync, clock and all that good shit.