MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Daska jokunen Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:03 am
Hey, i'm new in this forum and need help. So i just bought MPC5000 and i have problem with drum loop and playing chopped samples at same time. I have record my drum loop to 4bars. When i hit play to hear drumloop and then press pads where i have chopped my sample it immidiately stops. I have tried to put drumloop and samples to differend banks, but now im out of ideas what to do.
By NearTao Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:43 am
What immediately stops, the samples playing, the sequencer, etc…? You probably need to provide more information or describe more what is happening before any of us can help you.
By Daska jokunen Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:01 pm
Hey, thanks for quick answer. So the drumloop sample stop playing right after i press pad. I have drumloop sample recordet to sequence and i have other sample chopped to 16 differend pads. When i press some of those 16 pads with differend sample than the drumloop, it stop playing the drumloop. Sorry i cant tell more specific :cry:
By Freddsk1 Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:37 pm
Daska jokunen wrote:Hey, thanks for quick answer. So the drumloop sample stop playing right after i press pad. I have drumloop sample recordet to sequence and i have other sample chopped to 16 differend pads. When i press some of those 16 pads with differend sample than the drumloop, it stop playing the drumloop. Sorry i cant tell more specific :cry:

Yo.

I think I know what the problem is. I remembered I struggled with something similar many years ago. If you click "mode" and "other" (pad 9) look for "Mute/Stop of One-Shot" and put it on "THROUGH". If that is not working for you, try changing one of those other settings.

Take a picture before you do this in case something goes wrong, so you can put it back to "standard".
Also familiarize yourself with the manual. This machine took me many years to understand. And I still don't understand all the settings.