MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By antraxrap Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:22 pm
Hello my friends how are you? i'm a producer from Portugal,
have my mpc 5000 since 2014 and never had been problems with this great machine but now i have one.
I need your help guys

Problem:

when i turn my mpc 5000 it's all normal working great in program 1, when i start to make a new instrumental the synth page apears 909098090090x times and create program 2 ( so the program that i'm making the beat turns to another program and the synth page insists and doesn't leave, this never happen, what i can do to disable the automatic synth? i can't make my beats, this looks like a bug ,never happened to me.S always appear the Synth page interrupting my work,

need help and sugestions, i hope it's a definition that i can change and not an issue,
greetings from Portugal my friends
By saltmcgault Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:08 am
antraxrap wrote:Anyone to help?

Be patient and somebody may respond that’s had this problem before. What i would do is try re-installing the OS and see if that helps. This has fixed my 2500 quite a few times.

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-operating-systems/
By saltmcgault Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm
antraxrap wrote:thanks a lot my friend:)

Did it fix the issue you were having?
By antraxrap Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:17 pm
Hello my friend, i opened the mpc to clean and stay great like new during 3 days, but yesterday the synth program opened again automatically, i dont know how to solve this, my mpc it's working very good, i just dont understand why the synth program open automatically and interrupt my program 1 and create program 2 without i asked for it. let's see if i can discover this problem, that's very bad:S
By antraxrap Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:18 pm
i've also restored the OS and cleaning the inside of the mpc, more faster now, but that thing happened again passing 3 days of perfect working:S
By Freddsk1 Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:21 am
Yo.

Sometimes when I clean the dust off the mpc with a microfiber cloth, some pads gets triggered even if I'm couple of cm from them, because I'm putting pressure on the metal casing. I also noticed if I rest my hand on the plastic in front, it tend to trigger some of the lower pads.

Could it be that the metal casing is triggering your synth button? Or is your synth button perhaps damaged? Try to open the mpc again and work without the metal casing, see if the problems still exists. If it does, maybe you need to change some of the PCB Boards.
By Pacerpm Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:33 am
Anybody know what was causing this guy's problem ?? I have something similar going on