MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By iNFLiKTmusic Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:48 pm
I don't blame the Scarlett since I'm the operator, but here goes...

My 5000 is hooked up to the Scarlett on both in-out and out-in. Unfortunately, I believe it has damaged my record in function, as I discovered my phono in damaged (static) after using it. The same thing happened with the mic in function via XLR. I still have two other ins working (line on mic and line on phono) but I'm terrified to destroy them as well. I've had an MPC since 2000 and have NEVER damaged them in any way. There must be something I'm doing with the Scarlett. I'm not using phantom power, so it can't be that. I'm wondering if having the 5000 hooked up to both in and out on the Scarlett might be creating some sort of feedback loop that is causing the damage? Problem is, that's why I got the machine in the first place, so I'm hoping it isn't that...

I've been struggling with upgrading my set up for a while and am getting really frustrated, especially by this issue. Any help would be appreciated!