MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By p-money Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:29 pm
I don't know, I can't get the 5000 to sync to an external midi clock reliably. I have an ERM multiclock receiving input from ableton. the 5000 is slaved to the ERM. and whenever i hit play/record in ableton, the recorded audio from the mpc floats anywhere between -5ms and +20ms. it looks like the 5k is not capable of starting in sync with the clock.

also tried syncing it directly to my soundcard with the same result, whatever clock offset i chose, outcome is reliably unreliable.

does anyone get it to sync properly with anything?
By Braindead Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:23 pm
What parameter you have in the 5000 midi menu for the in and the out
What i your midi park ?
If you had just the cpu and the 5000 without midi card normally is easiest
Did you try with another midi gear who had a sequencer like a tr505 or es1 etc...etc....
But made the 5000 in slave mode in the sync menu set midi in, choose the in port you are plugged (1 or 2 ) in slave be ok with mtc or mmc on or off (better if it’s on , it’s for when the master is set in a time ln a mesure the slave going in the same time and same measure)
For midi out part , bring all parameter off
In the cpu send the clock on the right midi out port who are plugged on the midi in of the 5000
Be sure your cpu sen the midi clock on the good cable who is plugged on the mpc in
Normally nlyhing else to do
For know if your mpc is set corectly in slave you an see the clock in the main page if the clock write ext it’s mean the mpc is in slave mode
If the mpc is set corectly , go to your cpu parameter
If you send two time the clock the slave run 2 time faster
With Some daw you need to set all the parameter each time you open the daw , but in the wright order like with the old fruttyloop